The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv

5 posters

Go down

Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv Empty Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv

Post by ktulu100 Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:34 pm

I just wanted to say hey everyone! Guess I am part of the family now Wink I was looking for an eye catching 80's shredder to add to the collection and was lucky enough to find this bad boy in super good condition.

It is beautiful and really very fun to play. I was a little disappointed in the tones as the variables with the push/pull pick-up settings was one of the reasons I sought the model out. It is harder to get a good chuggy metal sound than my LTD. Eclipse (Seymour-Duncan pickups) and it sounds a little "tin canny" for my tastes in general with distortion. Oddly it seems better fitted to clean channels. But I am still playing around with it and hope to land on the right tone soon (all part of the fun).

One thing is, although it has no dents, it does have some scuffs or what I call "dirty lines" on the star/fin tips. I can reduce them to an extent by rubbing with my thumb but I am concerned if I keep rubbing as hard as I am I will start to rub off finish. Any cleaning tips for this? (I know its hard without seeing what exactly the marks are like).

Thanks!

Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv Weston10
ktulu100
ktulu100
Registered Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2021-04-09

DreamRaven and EWH like this post

Back to top Go down

Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv Empty Re: Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv

Post by Barry Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:37 pm

...it does have some scuffs or what I call "dirty lines" on the star/fin tips. I can reduce them to an extent by rubbing with my thumb but I am concerned if I keep rubbing as hard as I am I will start to rub off finish.
A lot depends on exactly what the marks are, but rubbing with your thumb will not rub the finish off! The finish on Westones is extremely tough.

Start simply, with warm water a little drop of dish washing liquid and a soft sponge. If they are dirty surface marks that should do it.

If the surface is scuffed or lightly scratched it should  respond to a fine rubbing compound followed by some car polish.

If it's scratched deeply you're into more intense work using several grades of wet sand paper, rubbing compound and polish.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

DreamRaven, ktulu100 and Westone like this post

Back to top Go down

Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv Empty Re: Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv

Post by ktulu100 Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:09 pm

Hey thanks Barry exactly the type of advice I was looking for. Much appreciated!
ktulu100
ktulu100
Registered Member

Barry, DreamRaven and Westone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamRaven Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:26 pm

Pretty guitar!  Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv 1f601
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-09-06

ktulu100 and Westone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ktulu100 Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:15 pm

Thanks - I am really enjoying playing it and am getting more accustomed to its tone(s).
ktulu100
ktulu100
Registered Member

Westone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Shplarf Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Ah my good man. I feel you need to embrace the Westone tone as it truly is. You can't try to make it what you want it to be. It is what it truly is as a Westone sound. Love it or leave it. To be honest I prefer it clean. If I want something more distorted I reach for the Westbury or ibenez. As for the marks on it? consider them love smudges! I know, Im weird!
Shplarf
Shplarf
Registered Member

Registration date : 2020-12-22

ktulu100 and Westone like this post

Back to top Go down

Hello and meet my Westone Dimension iv Empty XA1230 anniversary

Post by Rickyg Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:14 am

I am looking for a replacement neck. I would like to keep it original but, I am having trouble finding one. Doe's anyone here have a resource for that?

Thanks,
Rick
Rickyg
Rickyg

Number of posts : 1

Westone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ktulu100 Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:20 pm

Shplarf - I will stop resisting and go with the (tone) flow. Actually I am really getting into it! Playing it as much as my Eclipse and my dear (pawn shop bought) Squire Bullet Special lol.
ktulu100
ktulu100
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:51 pm

Rickyg wrote:I am looking for a replacement neck. I would like to keep it original but, I am having trouble finding one. Doe's anyone here have a resource for that?

Thanks,
Rick
Hi Rick,
You are off topic here.

Please post in the appropriate Wanted Forum when looking for something in particular. This just confuses viewers and you will not get the proper exposure to your query.

Thanks  Wink

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down