Apparently, it does a couple of things.
Sometimes, a thread can get kind of large or even difficult to follow when posters use compound quotes from several people commenting on a comment, who are commenting on a comment, who are commenting...you get the idea. In other words, when you click on the Quote button in a Reply to a post it generates a long list of nested quotes. This is not only hard to follow, it unnecessarily uses up bandwidth.
To relieve this a bit I have made a change to the default Quote function which limits the number of nested quotes now to two quotes. Should you decide that it is absolutely necessary to include all the quotes the Multi-Quote button allows you to override that setting.
In other words, it makes you think before you publish. If you don't need to repeat everything, don't worry, you're covered. If you do, you have the option to include that content.
Here's how it works:
- To override the default limit, first click on
- It will change to red to indicate that it's engaged
- Next, click on
- This now allows you to reply to the post and include all the quotes in sequence within in that original message
You should also be able to use it to "gather" a series of quotes from different posts. This seems to be more of a nuisance than a help though since you could have a lot to edit afterwards.
To do this:
- Click on the button in each post you visit
- The button turns red to indicate it has been selected
- Return to the post in which you wish to write your comment and click on
Last edited by Barry on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Function Two added)
"A little song. A little dance. A little seltzer down your pants." -Chuckles the Clown
GUITARS : https://legend.barryeames.com/guitars.html
MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)