The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Dimension iv whammy and truss rod panel/back cover

2 posters

Go down

Westone Dimension iv whammy and truss rod panel/back cover Empty Westone Dimension iv whammy and truss rod panel/back cover

Post by ktulu100 Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi all,

Just bought a new (well old) Dimension iv but they had lost the whammy bar and back plate/cover for the truss rod access. I assume I could have that panel 3d printed somewhere as I have seen people do this online for their own guitars. But any advice here is welcome.

What would you advise about the whammy - anyone have one kicking around for some reason or is there a good site to order the right fit.

TIA!!
ktulu100
ktulu100
Registered Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2021-04-09

Back to top Go down

Westone Dimension iv whammy and truss rod panel/back cover Empty Re: Westone Dimension iv whammy and truss rod panel/back cover

Post by Barry Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:19 pm

Hi and welcome here!
You're not likely to find an original replacement but you can easily fashion your own back plate cover from a suitable piece of plastic or scratch guard material. (BTW the truss rod is accessed at the head stock not through the back of the guitar Wink )

The tremelo bar is 6mm dia and you can find any number of configurations online at the usual guitar parts outlets. You might see them listed as "import size'.
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8721
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

ktulu100 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Westone Dimension iv whammy and truss rod panel/back cover Empty Re: Westone Dimension iv whammy and truss rod panel/back cover

Post by ktulu100 Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:14 pm

Thanks again Barry - appreciate it and the info regarding the truss rod. I am a real noob at how to go about that. I have only had it done once before on a guitar and let the pros at L&M handle it. 

You have been a real help - cheers!
ktulu100
ktulu100
Registered Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2021-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:00 pm

You are very welcome!
A guitar player should have some basic knowledge of how his guitar works. Saves a lot of money in the long run too!
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8721
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down