The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for [preferably] left-handed truss rod cover for Westone Thunder 1A guitar, and maybe more.

3 posters

Go down

Looking for [preferably] left-handed truss rod cover for Westone Thunder 1A guitar, and maybe more. Empty Looking for [preferably] left-handed truss rod cover for Westone Thunder 1A guitar, and maybe more.

Post by andonwhitehorn Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:19 pm

Howdy! So, I finally have a left-handed Westone Thunder 1A again (via a Facebook group for Matsumoku guitars) after my first one was stolen seven years ago (and I spent nearly a decade looking for that one), and I am so stoked to be able to play one again! That said, it's missing a couple of things. Namely, the truss rod cover and the original pickup rings. The seller is providing all of the original hardware that they have, but I may or may not need a couple of other items as well.

For the pickup rings I was just planning on picking up some generic black plastic ones, but does anyone know of a particular brand/make that will fit best?

For the truss rod cover I would prefer a left-handed 1A cover (flipped script), but would also be fine with a right-handed cover if a lefty isn't available.

Thanks for looking!
andonwhitehorn
andonwhitehorn
Registered Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2020-07-09

Back to top Go down

Looking for [preferably] left-handed truss rod cover for Westone Thunder 1A guitar, and maybe more. Empty Re: Looking for [preferably] left-handed truss rod cover for Westone Thunder 1A guitar, and maybe more.

Post by corsair Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:15 pm

I have some replacement TRCs here, but you'd have to get it engraved as they are blank. 
I'll check to see what I've got a little later on and let you know....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

andonwhitehorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Looking for [preferably] left-handed truss rod cover for Westone Thunder 1A guitar, and maybe more. Empty Re: Looking for [preferably] left-handed truss rod cover for Westone Thunder 1A guitar, and maybe more.

Post by andonwhitehorn Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:49 am

That would be wonderful, thank you!
andonwhitehorn
andonwhitehorn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by andonwhitehorn Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:35 pm

corsair wrote:I have some replacement TRCs here, but you'd have to get it engraved as they are blank. 
I'll check to see what I've got a little later on and let you know....
Hey there, any luck?
andonwhitehorn
andonwhitehorn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purge Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:38 pm

John, you need an eye test. They're not blank, just a bit hard to see. They are matt black with the model name in gloss black - that's just how they came out of the molds, I didn't have the tools or equipment to do white on black.
Purge
Purge
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2019-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by andonwhitehorn Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:02 pm

Ah, so I could just paint over the lettering in white then.
andonwhitehorn
andonwhitehorn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purge Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Yes, but they were all copies from right handed models
Purge
Purge
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by andonwhitehorn Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:15 pm

Eh, I mean I'll take it if nothing else! How much would you like for one?

On the subject of pickup rings, does anyone have the dimensions, or know the mounting screw spacings? Still awaiting arrival of my guitar, otherwise I'd just measure those.
andonwhitehorn
andonwhitehorn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purge Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:21 pm

I don't have them. sent them all to John (Corsair)
Purge
Purge
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by andonwhitehorn Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:50 pm

Whoops, sorry, thought I was responding to them.
andonwhitehorn
andonwhitehorn
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down