The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore

2 posters

Go down

Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore Empty Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore

Post by neil.j.churchill@gsk.com Wed May 27, 2020 12:18 pm

After thinking all was lost, I was sent by the wife to clear out the loft as part of COVID boredom duties and to my amazement, I found my first love. It had somehow fallen below a floorboard.

It does require a lot of TLC and parts.. It does surprisingly with 25-year-old strings, play really well and holds its tuning brilliantly.

Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore Guitar10
Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore Guitar11

It needs the holding clamps at the neck. I don't even know what to google to try and find these

Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore Guitar12

The bridge string/tuning fork (whatever it is called) is snapped on one side on the A string. Also, The tones/volume knobs are now off my old marshal amp.

Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore Guitar13

this was the reason it ended up stowed. The input jack came loose and was lost. 
Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore Guitar14

The holding plate is also lost.

Sorry, I am a bit lost but could someone help find a good resource to find these parts? I have tried googling and eBay etc but able to find the right parts / part numbers.

I would really appreciate any help. I am based in the UK.

Thanks

Neil
neil.j.churchill@gsk.com
neil.j.churchill@gsk.com

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-05-27

Back to top Go down

Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore Empty Re: Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore

Post by corsair Wed May 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Why, yes... yes I can. 

Can't help with the Switchmaster knobs - you might try knicelyr in here for those! - but I have the locking clamps for the stringlock and I might even have a output socket plate handy as well.
PM me your name and address and I'll get some out to you...
An easy fix for the broken string claw is to drill a hole in the adjustment lever to thread the string through, else you're down to hunting the auction sites, or heading along to Whammyworld to purchase a Kahler claw...
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore Empty Re: Yes! I found my first ever guitar from my childhood. I thoguht I had lost it forever. Operation Dynasty Restore

Post by corsair Wed May 27, 2020 4:32 pm

Oh... and a hearty welcome here, Neil!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by neil.j.churchill@gsk.com Thu May 28, 2020 10:18 am

Many thanks for the warm welcome!
neil.j.churchill@gsk.com
neil.j.churchill@gsk.com

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down