The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bendmaster Deluxe stringlock base.

+4
Barry
Slicepack
knicelyr
corsair
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bendmaster Deluxe stringlock base. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bendmaster Deluxe stringlock base.

Post by Adey Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:55 am

Barry wrote:@John..love your new Avatar. Thumb Up
Remember it growing up, one of my favourite prop driven craft along with the Spitfire.
Versatile and beautiful.

The guy I sit next to at work spent part of his bonus last year on a flight in a original Spitfire that had been converted into a two-seater (with the double bubble cockpit).

He got to set off from the airfield at HMS Daedalus in Lee-on-Solent, off round the Isle of Wight (off the south coast of UK), do some loops and barrel rolls and back to terra firma. The plane had a 360 degree camera fitted to it so he had a record of not just what was outside, but also how he reacted.

Brilliant!!!

Adey
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2014-01-25

Back to top Go down

Bendmaster Deluxe stringlock base. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bendmaster Deluxe stringlock base.

Post by Sgt. Vimes Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:55 am

I have an original square middle piece off the bmd from my spectrum series ii, I'll send it off to you early next week 👍
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by knicelyr Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:14 am

Sgt. Vimes wrote:I have an original square middle piece off the bmd from my spectrum series ii, I'll send it off to you early next week 👍

That would be awesome!
Can you take a photo of the bottom of your base?
And possibly measure its thickness to the top of the "crown".
I think I can work with that and the one John sent me if I cannot get a hold of an original.

I guess I am going to need to have the shims done too?
knicelyr
knicelyr

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:18 am

I can do that no problem, would it be easier if I just send you the whole thing? 
The shims aren't original, they're the ones John made but they do the job perfectly
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by knicelyr Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:28 am

Sgt. Vimes wrote:I can do that no problem, would it be easier if I just send you the whole thing? 
The shims aren't original, they're the ones John made but they do the job perfectly

If you would be willing to send it that would be great.
Johns was perfect to make a copy, but if I can have an original then the CAD will also be able to have an identical bottom.
I think the shims would be good, all they really need are the dimensions...

Would the shims really just be the same die just a thinner material?
knicelyr
knicelyr

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2019-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:33 am

Yeah iirc they're just 1mm thick, same dimensions otherwise..... I think Thinking
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:05 pm

This is great, chaps - just mega!!

Pete - you're a brick, mate - I can't find the one OEM middle BMD plate that I've got so cheers for that!

Rick - the bit's I've sent you are yours to do with what you will; have at it!
         The shims are , indeed, exactly the same proportions and dimensions as the actual plate, just 1mm          thick.

Barry - that print - plus another by the same artist of Corsairs on the ground - is on my wall having been purchased from the artist! My old boy - still going at 96 - flew them in the south-west Pacific, and as an added piece of serendipity, he trained in Dunnville! He won the Sword of Honour there for his course in 1944...
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 pm

corsair wrote:... that print - plus another by the same artist of Corsairs on the ground - is on my wall having been purchased from the artist! My old boy - still going at 96 - flew them in the south-west Pacific, and as an added piece of serendipity, he trained in Dunnville! He won the Sword of Honour there for his course in 1944...
Excellent.
I remember your speaking to me about your dad's time in Dunnville. Give dad a salute from me and thank him for his service!

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Adey wrote:...The guy I sit next to at work spent part of his bonus last year on a flight in a original Spitfire that had been converted into a two-seater (with the double bubble cockpit). ...
Brilliant!!!
Absolutely brilliant! But I think if I tried that today my on again off again vertigo would make me toss my cookies. My younger self would have loved it.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jorg Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:58 am

Barry wrote:
corsair wrote:... Give dad a salute from me and thank him for his service!
Add me to that list please.
jorg
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2