The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!

4 posters

Go down

westone - Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!  Empty Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!

Post by The Chad Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:47 am

The Westone Prestige is an amazing guitar.  They are hard to find and have never been reissued. 

Well, if you've ever wanted a Westone Prestige style with a genuine Floyd, 24 frets, modern playability and jumbo frets, check this out...

westone - Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!  DSCN5463_zpsaizuxxf1

The guitar on the left is an Electra. 

Remember them?  Electra became Electra/Westone... which became Westone.  Electra came roaring back in 2013 and introduced this beasty, the Electra Talon. 

After comparing my Electra Talon to my Prestige, I realize ever more-so how this Talon is the Prestige's bad to the bone little brother! 

Mine is a "Phantom Quilt" top.  They also make a Black one.  From pickups to hardware to construction everything is fantastic on them.  

westone - Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!  DSCN5473_zps9vakwrm0

The Prestige was CLEARLY the design inspiration.  Electra's men researched the old models in detail, going as far as to actually X-Ray one model, and they have used the original designs to base from. 

westone - Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!  DSCN5471_zpsoiaqtyv4

I highly recommend these Talons.  If you like the Prestige, there is a great chance that you'll like the Talon.  

Click on this...
Electra Talon Black

Click on this...
Electra Talon Phantom Quilt   (the guitar shown on the website is my personal guitar)

I've never seen one for sale "used" yet, there are reasons why.  People who buy them KEEP them.  I believe they come with a super nice Electra case.  Contact Gene at Electra.  Am I pushing them?  Yep.  I'm a fan!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

westone - Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!  Empty Re: Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!

Post by mortarman120gang11c Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:23 pm

Yes that phantom quilt is awesome as are the new Electra models. Nice shot of the old and new generations.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

westone - Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!  Empty Re: Westone Prestige II... sort of, just take a look!

Post by The Chad Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:03 pm

If anyone buys one, tell Gene at Electra that Chad sent you.  Gene took care of me, he'll take care of you.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Similar shape but different scale lengths.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Right on, this was produced targeting a hard rock-metal audience with the 25.5" scale length.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:08 am

Your starting to sound like a salesman.... Laughing
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:10 am

I know, right?!  lol!   I believe in the Electra's, I want to see the company thrive.   Great people, product, and history.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:02 am

Oh, how I wish I was still playing out; I could justify the purchase of the Talon!! However, because the guitars I already have are getting very little lovin', I cannot even roughly countenance it.... 

*sigh*

That Talon does it for me, it really does!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:09 am

Thumb Up  They did do a great job with it.  There's nothing about it that I don't like.  The pickups surprise me.  It sounds fantastic through my Marshall.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down