The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now SOLD elsewhere, thanks! Pantera Deluxe X790 massive price drop to £400

3 posters

Go down

Now SOLD elsewhere, thanks!  Pantera Deluxe X790 massive price drop to £400 Empty Now SOLD elsewhere, thanks! Pantera Deluxe X790 massive price drop to £400

Post by PaulS Tue May 26, 2015 12:17 pm

Selling my Pantera Deluxe X790.  As a result of a 'wanted' plea on here I finally tracked one down in Holland - I've had it two years and sadly hardly ever use it - I find I am gravitating towards passive, Precision bass tones.  Having a bit of a re-shuffle of my gear so it is time to move this beautiful bass on.

As it is the Westone forum I assume everyone either knows about them or can find out about them - pretty much the flagship, top of the range bass made by Uncle Mats in the mid 80s.  It is quite simply a work of art.

There was some lifting of the laquer around the tuners when I bought it - I had the headstock refurbished and it is now like new.  Condition is I'd say around 9/10, still in original hardcase - not only are these extremely rare but I would doubt you'll see another as good.  Only other thing to mention is a small red LED that was added to the control cluster at some point in its life  that has no function other than coming on when the bass is plugged in - looks pretty cool!

Link to some pictures here

I am asking £500, which is what I paid 2 years ago and doesn't take into account the cost of the work to the headstock.  24th of August and the price is dropped to a ridiculous £400.  Collection from the north Thames Delta, SS7 is welcomed.  Overnight fully insured courier to mainland UK would be £30, contact me for a quote for further afield.

Last edited by PaulS on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Now sold)
PaulS

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Now SOLD elsewhere, thanks!  Pantera Deluxe X790 massive price drop to £400 Empty Re: Now SOLD elsewhere, thanks! Pantera Deluxe X790 massive price drop to £400

Post by PaulS Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:50 am

This is still here and available, in case anyone wondered.... Smile
PaulS

Back to top Go down

Now SOLD elsewhere, thanks!  Pantera Deluxe X790 massive price drop to £400 Empty Re: Now SOLD elsewhere, thanks! Pantera Deluxe X790 massive price drop to £400

Post by PaulS Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:25 am

Bump for price drop to £400
PaulS

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulS Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:32 am

Surprised there have been absolutely no questions or offers, given how rare these are, the condition this is in PLUS original hard case.  Not to mention how cheap it is now!!  These cost nearly £600 when they were made!  Very much top end of the range.  A Fender of this vintage and quality would be twice the price.
PaulS

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:14 am

Always the bridesmaid and never the bride it seems for certain models and me...  Sad

Not sure how many others are in my boat... but for me right now no matter how strong my heart says yes, Yes, YES!!! the pocketbook says ain't gonna happen.  My timing seems off as usual. Sad
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:22 am

Believe me, Paul, if the economy wasn't what it is - and I was a bit closer!! - I'd also be in on this! 

However, I wish you luck in tbe sale!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down