The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nice Pantera X390 blue in Holland -SOLD within 1day & relisted! & sold!

+2
Crambone
hummel
6 posters

Go down

nice Pantera X390 blue in Holland -SOLD within 1day & relisted! & sold! Empty nice Pantera X390 blue in Holland -SOLD within 1day & relisted! & sold!

Post by hummel Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:35 am

Pantera

This guy knows what he's selling... anyway, give it go. Any help needed just let me know.

edit: SOLD

Last edited by hummel on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:12 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : sold)
hummel
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

nice Pantera X390 blue in Holland -SOLD within 1day & relisted! & sold! Empty Re: nice Pantera X390 blue in Holland -SOLD within 1day & relisted! & sold!

Post by hummel Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:26 pm

So... did anybody over here buy it?

Last edited by hummel on Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar!)
hummel
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

nice Pantera X390 blue in Holland -SOLD within 1day & relisted! & sold! Empty Re: nice Pantera X390 blue in Holland -SOLD within 1day & relisted! & sold!

Post by Crambone Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:57 pm

How much did it go for? I clicked on the link, but couldn't read the language. Thanks
Crambone
Crambone
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-18

http://www.myspace.com/cramboneindy

Back to top Go down

Post by hummel Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:42 am

I've no idea, marktplaats is not an auctionsite. My guess is that someone made an offer he couldn't resist. My gutt-feeling tells me that he got at least something like 250 euros.
hummel
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by hummel Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:31 pm

re-listed

things get stranger & even stranger...

This is a music-shop, not a bad one, but it seems they bought it, a trade-in perhaps?

Anyway that's quite a bit to ask for a twenty-something year old Westone... even if it includes the original case.
hummel
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Hiya Hans, Smile

Does it state in the advert that part of the locking nut is missing?
scratch

It's very pretty but I have to agree, they are asking a lot of money for it?
Rolling Eyes

Pauline :flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:28 pm

True, but Kahler bits are quite readily available from Kahler. And I think that's probably a realistic retail price - £300-odd - for a blindingly good guitar! What else can you get in that league for that money?! Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6330
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by badger Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:13 am

The last couple of blue 390s I've seen on Ebay went for between £600 - £700 , so the asking price isn't high - or at least it would be a good price if it had a Kahler. It doesn't- this one has a Bendmaster Deluxe trem.
badger
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:42 pm

"Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear!!" Laughing

Dead right, badger; the bridge is indeed a Bendmaster but the locking clamps that are there don't look like anything I've seen on a Bendmaster; any ideas? Thanks for the correction, I'll have a closer look at ALL the pix next time I make all-encompassing statements like that, eh! Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by badger Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:42 am

I think that's a standard Floyd Rose string lock
badger
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by challpa Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:52 am

I agree with Badger - these dont appear to often and what can you buy new for that money, an Epiphone ?????
If this was in Australia I may not be able to control myself Very Happy
challpa
challpa
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Crambone Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:47 am

I've sent them a couple emails with no response.

I found a free translation site online so I could read what they were saying, and sent them one in Dutch.

I think that it may be like what Craigslist is here in the US, where they want to deal with mainly locals only in person.

It is a beautiful guitar.
Crambone
Crambone
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by hummel Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:10 am

Hi Crambone,

I gave them a call this morning, sorry to say, but it's allready sold. They removed the listing, and you're right about the Craigslist comparison. Next time you can always contact me, I'll try to help out.
hummel
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Hummel, you should have bought it. This price was a steal.

Have you ever seen an X-390CB (or PW for that matter) with a Bendmaster Deluxe on it?

While this would not have cost as much new as the regular X-390CB with a Kahler Pro tremolo and as such was not as desirable when new. However, it is even more rare with a Bendmaster. It may be unique or nearly so. I've collected these things for years and have NEVER seen one like it.

I tried to buy it but he did not return my email either.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by hummel Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:45 pm

Yep, probably I should have, if not for me (the bass is my main instrument) then perhaps for fellow forum mebers...On the other hand I'm focussing right now on another Westone rarity...there's only so much one can do when time lacks.

Anyway, I'm always prepared to help out members of this forum if neccesary, please don't hesitate and send me a PM if I can be of asistance.
hummel
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:07 pm

hummel wrote:On the other hand I'm focussing right now on another Westone rarity...

...yes? :?: Are you gonna share with us, then? Laughing
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by hummel Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:17 pm

in due time, yes I will Laughing
hummel
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Crambone Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:57 am

Thanks Hummel for your kind offer of assistance.

I was thinking that originally it came with the Kahler, and later someone changed the kahler for the Bendmaster. Maybe at some time someone had a couple guitars, and swapped parts to keep the Kahler? In the end it didn't matter which one it had, it's still gone. Hopefully it's found a good home now.
Crambone
Crambone
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Crambone Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:13 am

I know this one's kinda old news now, but I wanted to say that Colt933 was right about it being rare with the bendmaster. I thought that someone had just switched the tremelo units out. It's not just that easy, to do that they would have to route out the back of the guitar for the bendmaster deluxe's springs. It would have come from the factory that way. I guess people could special order guitars with options not listed on the catalogs.
Crambone
Crambone
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:20 pm

Yeah, the blue paint was visible down inside the counter-sunk edge of the tremolo cavity cover. The Bendmaster Deluxe was factory on that guitar. Rare indeed.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down