The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concord III Single Coil Battle - GS450 vs SF480 vs Super II - FIGHT

3 posters

Go down

Concord III Single Coil Battle - GS450 vs SF480 vs Super II - FIGHT Empty Concord III Single Coil Battle - GS450 vs SF480 vs Super II - FIGHT

Post by enaich Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:15 pm

I just picked up a very nice Concord III. Unfortunately it does not have a serial number. From the location of the jack, the script on the headstock, finish and the pick guard, I believe I have a 1982-1983 version with the SF480 single coils.

To me the pickups in this guitar are very hot. Almost humbucker hot. Any experience tips, photos, resistances, to compare these three different types of pickups would be great.

Once I can get mine apart and tested I will post the results.
enaich
enaich
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Concord III Single Coil Battle - GS450 vs SF480 vs Super II - FIGHT Empty Re: Concord III Single Coil Battle - GS450 vs SF480 vs Super II - FIGHT

Post by psafloyd Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 am

enaich wrote:I just picked up a very nice Concord III. Unfortunately it does not have a serial number. From the location of the jack, the script on the headstock, finish and the pick guard, I believe I have a 1982-1983 version with the SF480 single coils.

To me the pickups in this guitar are very hot. Almost humbucker hot. Any experience tips, photos, resistances, to compare these three different types of pickups would be great.

Once I can get mine apart and tested I will post the results.

I've just acquired a Concord III WITHOUT pickups and I was wondering about the construction of the GS450s and SF480s. They're hot, so I am wondering if they carry steel slugs backed by a ceramic bar magnet? Or are they and the Super 1 just all the same type but renamed for different applications?

If anyone can advise, I'd be very interested. I doubt I'll find replacements, but I have a bin full of decent single coils and rail pickups and may put something interesting together.

TVM.
psafloyd
psafloyd
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2016-06-07

Back to top Go down

Concord III Single Coil Battle - GS450 vs SF480 vs Super II - FIGHT Empty Re: Concord III Single Coil Battle - GS450 vs SF480 vs Super II - FIGHT

Post by gittarasaurus Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 pm

concord 3 pickups:
Concord III Single Coil Battle - GS450 vs SF480 vs Super II - FIGHT 00-h4rYz82ScDKmXss5jj8Qgc6phI1Pj6QvbkXh9nuQH-5FTgbVfoBoDAd7bJ6dkbuw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1356533782

concord 2 pickups are different:
Concord III Single Coil Battle - GS450 vs SF480 vs Super II - FIGHT 00-h4rYz82ScDKmXss5jj8Qgc6phI1Pj6QvbkXh9nuQH-7CThuIWSeYYJnYeavbetql?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1357936676
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2011-05-25

psafloyd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down