The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimarzio Super Distortion

3 posters

Go down

Dimarzio Super Distortion Empty Dimarzio Super Distortion

Post by The Chad Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Shocked   Just stuck one in my Electra X935.  Wow it sounds great.  Tasty, tasty, tasty.  Favorite rock/hard rock pickup so far.  I highly recommend this pickup.  Compared to the MMK53 that came stock in the guitar, the Super Distortion has more personality, much better harmonics and much fuller. 

Just FYI for anyone thinking about trying one.  They seem like an improved version of the MMK45 or 53, both of which I like but I'm being objective.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Dimarzio Super Distortion Empty Re: Dimarzio Super Distortion

Post by Sgt. Vimes Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Cool!
I have a cream one in the bridge of my Westbury Standard, certainly packs a punch,, must admit I do much prefer their PAF k-10/super 2 which are stock in some hondo guitars.
I seem to remember someone here saying the mmk45's were meant to be a copy of the super distortion.
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by IanO Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:21 pm

I've got a non trem version in my floyd equipped Ibanez RG......swapped it "temporarily" with a mate for a "Fred". Loved it then and now but am older and wiser now and wish it would clean up a little better. Same tne but less power would be great. I think I tested it to be about 14/15k some time back!
IanO
IanO

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down