The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking High Resolution Catalogue/Brochure Image of The Westone Thunder IIIA

3 posters

Go down

Seeking High Resolution Catalogue/Brochure Image of The Westone Thunder IIIA Empty Seeking High Resolution Catalogue/Brochure Image of The Westone Thunder IIIA

Post by DreamRaven Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi Westies! (or is it 'toners?)

Through the Westone.info site I have been approached by a publisher who is putting together a book of 'The Greatest Guitars You Never Owned' (not the actual title)...

The Editing team and authors have chosen to include the Westone Thunder IIIA as shown by their image and as seen in the 1981 Westone Catalogue
http://westone.info/cats/81/05.html

Whilst I have the original web sized images without the watermarks from Thorn's original site, I do not have anything of a larger size, which they would like so that they can print it at the required high quality.

They originally merely asked for a high quality image of a 1980s Westone Thunder, which we all know is as unspecific as they come, so having nailed them down with some slightly more detail, I have deduced it is the IIIAv1

They need an image that is 'full frontal' and preferably on a white background, exactly as shown in the brochure page on the link above.

So, here is the request. Do we want a Westone put in a Guitar Greats book that will be bought by Guitar fans the world over?

I think yes. But at the moment I do not have the required image. If we cannot get the suitable high quality image, I believe that they will just find another guitar to fill the Westone space.

Does anyone on this forum have an original catalogue that they can run through a scanner (or photograph) at 600dpi or above? Or does anyone have a PDF or artwork files (or even the original photos) of that guitar? Any leads will be gratefully received!

Just to be clear, I am not going to gain from this, other than getting the Westone brand out in front of more people and to get it 'declared' as being great. If I can get an image I will ask that they put a suitable credit for the supplier in the suitable place. I am also going to ask to see if a couple of copies of the book could be supplied, of which I will certainly being despatching one to the supplier of the image.

If you do have an image, or something that you think might be suitable, could you message me? If the image needs tidying up or cleaning, I am happy to do the photoshop work.

The other option of course is to get the guitar itself photographed on a white background (maybe hung on a white wall) with a decent camera, so any Thunder IIIv1 owners out there who want their guitar in a worldwide published book?

The image needs to be 3000pixels or more in height, from top of headstock down to strap button on the bottom.

The colour of the guitar is unimportant, and there is a chance that if we can get any 1981 Thunder they might be happy, but this image is the one that they are specifically requesting:
Seeking High Resolution Catalogue/Brochure Image of The Westone Thunder IIIA Weston10

Thanks in advance, I and the publishers will be endlessly grateful!

Cheers
DR
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Seeking High Resolution Catalogue/Brochure Image of The Westone Thunder IIIA Empty Re: Seeking High Resolution Catalogue/Brochure Image of The Westone Thunder IIIA

Post by gittarasaurus Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:21 pm

it looks to me like the guitar in that image is a thunder IIA.
the truss rod cover seems to say Thunder II

so the question becomes, do they want a Thunder III? or do they want a picture of a Thunder IIA that meets the requested details?

because i have a near mint version of Thunder IIA, in pearly white, and i could take some pics for you
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Seeking High Resolution Catalogue/Brochure Image of The Westone Thunder IIIA Empty Re: Seeking High Resolution Catalogue/Brochure Image of The Westone Thunder IIIA

Post by DreamRaven Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:20 am

Indeed, I originally thought Thunder II from the image, but they did state 'Ebony Fretboard' on their description. Which appears to only be on the III.

Does your II have the through neck detail? Because that is the other item that they are seeking.

Before spending time getting perfect high res images as they want, do you have any images to hand that I can check with them, maybe already on the site?
DreamRaven
DreamRaven
Administrator

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:26 am

I do have the '81 Catalogue and had it scanned as pdf but I think I set the resolution to 300ppi (enough for screen). Have to check. Could scan it at higher res. Also have a lot of pics made of my Thunder III need to search foir the hi-res ones.
I'll pm you.

jim
jim
jim

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by gittarasaurus Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:09 am

mine is not the layered wood look as in the first post in the thread.
my thunder IIA has the set neck with the tapered heel. it is not actually a thru-neck. it has the white finish and it has a rosewood fretboard. the hardware looks like new. i will make more pics and post later if you want to see more.
Seeking High Resolution Catalogue/Brochure Image of The Westone Thunder IIIA Ry%3D400
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down