The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved]Need help identifying this bass

+2
Sgt. Vimes
gary1964
6 posters

Go down

BASS - [solved]Need help identifying this bass Empty Need help identifying this bass

Post by gary1964 Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:05 am

Hi everyone, i know i haven't been on for a while but i have been sorting out my Electra Westone X695JB (LX). it now works perfectly and plays a dream with either neck on. I used to play in bands some 26yrs ago and untill about 4 months ago i had not even touched a bass (gigging regulary now tho) and i was looking through some old photos of me and came across this one and remembered what a fantastic bass this was to play, i traded my westone rail bass in for this and i cant for the love of me remember what model this is,(i think it was a thunder but not sure) as i would really love to find one again, if any of you can help me identify it i would be really gratefull, Cheers Gary Very Happy

BASS - [solved]Need help identifying this bass Img00113
gary1964
gary1964
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

BASS - [solved]Need help identifying this bass Empty Re: [solved]Need help identifying this bass

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 am

looky likey a thunder 2
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

BASS - [solved]Need help identifying this bass Empty Re: [solved]Need help identifying this bass

Post by punkyjam67 Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:58 am

Yep, definitely a Thunder II - '83-on, I think they were, passive EQ & a shorter scale than normal. The first Westone I played - I haunted the local music shop just about every day 'trying it' but ended up buying a Thunder III... Pearl white, too, just like the one I fell in love with - still on my 'to do' list... Wink
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:11 pm

http://www.westoneguitars.net/basses/thunder/
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gary1964 Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Thank you all and especially hobster, thanks to his link i now know that it is a thunder ll series 3, do hope i can find one Very Happy
gary1964
gary1964
Registered Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by punkyjam67 Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 am

Hello Gary,

there's one on eBay at the moment, but the poor thing's had a tortured existence by the looks of things & is VERY expensive (IMHO on both counts, of course...) - item number: 290816213135.

There was a white one on there either late last year or earlier this one that went for a reasonable price, though, if memory serves me correctly, so they are out there - typically availability of funds & availability of guitars have rarely coincided for me recently... Laughing
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by chaypup Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:10 pm

That's the very rare fluffy duck version if I'm not mistaken.
chaypup
chaypup

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 pm

BASS - [solved]Need help identifying this bass 3077217049
That's what gives ya the Straty-like quack!

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8702
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down