The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electra single coil pickup specs

3 posters

Go down

pickup - Electra single coil pickup specs Empty Electra single coil pickup specs

Post by alnicov Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi,
A customer brought in a 1984 Electra for overhaul. The single coil pickup is dead. Can anyone tell me the number of wraps (or dc resistance), gauge and insulation of the magnet wire? Wrapping pickup coils is one of my shop services. Thanks, Steve
alnicov

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

pickup - Electra single coil pickup specs Empty Re: Electra single coil pickup specs

Post by Steve777 Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi Steve,

It would help if we knew what model it was as there are variety of SC's used on Matsumoko guitars. By example, I have a Westone Genesis II with a HSS config. The neck is 6.98 DC and middle 7.5 DC. Both are alnico 5.

By the way, you dont happen to have spare MMK45 or 75 HB knocking around ??

All the best

Steve
Steve777
Steve777

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

pickup - Electra single coil pickup specs Empty Electra single coil pickup specs

Post by alnicov Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:43 am

It's an X189PB. Two humbuckers and a single coil in the middle. Sorry, I don't have any other parts for Westone guitars.

Steve
alnicov

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

pickup - Electra single coil pickup specs Empty Re: Electra single coil pickup specs

Post by corsair Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:14 pm

It's probably a Magnaflux IV; I've asked the question over at the Matt forums as well as there doesn't seem to be much info about on 'em!! I would be surprised if it's much different to a strat one, though... Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down