The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Villain Graphite

3 posters

Go down

Westone Villain Graphite Empty Westone Villain Graphite

Post by jedavis66 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:36 pm

I came across a westone villain graphite in a music shop in excellent condition. it was kept well by the previous owner. however there are two pieces missing, the arm for the tremelo and the top part to the locking nut. it also has Dan Armstrong pickups in it, so at some point the original emg's were replaced. i was wondering in this condition about how much it is worth? thank you for any help
jedavis66

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Westone Villain Graphite Empty Re: Westone Villain Graphite

Post by The Chad Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:45 am

jedavis66 wrote:I came across a westone villain graphite in a music shop in excellent condition. it was kept well by the previous owner. however there are two pieces missing, the arm for the tremelo and the top part to the locking nut. it also has Dan Armstrong pickups in it, so at some point the original emg's were replaced. i was wondering in this condition about how much it is worth? thank you for any help

Depending on how minty of condition, anywhere from $300 to maybe $450 max I'd say. These are my Ebay estimates, they're on the higher side due to the excellent condition. The emotion of the buyer plays into the value of these guitars, hence the range of value. It's not completely complete or original which really affects price, but if it sounds good then play it and be happy! The neck's on those things used to be worth a bunch (some are still hot for graphite), and that adds to the value.

The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:55 am

Not really a bad trade up on the pups, IMHO. Never been a fan of EMG's. Seem too much of a one-trick pony in my experience, limited that it might be I'll grant you.

The guitar build is pretty fantastic by all reports I see though. They are not as prevalent here in the States as over the pond as I understand it. But like Chad said, if it feels right when you're playing it then go for it.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:37 pm

The real question is this, jedavis66... did you laugh at Iceman's avatar pic?! Laughing As a newbie to our forums, that's worth the price of admission right there! Suspect That pic still cracks me up, oh man.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down