The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection.

5 posters

Go down

Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. Empty Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection.

Post by Sollophonic Thu May 05, 2011 10:19 am

I love me my Teles and my resonators, as well as my couple of Westones, but thought I'd show people my other guitars, including three that I got recently.

First up a Danelectro I got off ebay for £50. Looked a right state from the listing, thought it was a recent Chinese Reissue one, which would have even been a steal at that price.

When I got it I soon found out it was a 1998 Korean Reissue U2, which are regarded as second only to the original Danos.
Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. Danelectrowithflowers

Great little guitar, the two lipstick pickups together sound classic.

Next up an Aria TA40 semi. Made just after Aria moved from Matsumoku to Korea, but a lovely sounding and playing guitar, with a sweet tone. Doesnt weigh too much, giving me humbucker sounds without Les Paul style weight.
Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. AriaSemi2

Then a old mate of mine gave me his well-gigged Squier Affinity Tele. This guitar has been rehearsed with and gigged with three nights a week in a punk/folk combo, it has had beer, blood and worse spilt on it, been dropped, thrown, been stage dived with and on two occasions was lost in an audience only to be retrieved after the gig. Absoloutely stock, who says you cant gig with cheaper guitars?

Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. ChrisSquierRoadworn1

These guitars join my others
MIM Classic 50s Tele
Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. 50sClassicsofashot3
My two modded MIM Standard Teles
Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. WineredMIM3plyblackguard£150 Ebay score
Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. AllBlackMIMwithP901 P90 loaded tone monster
Two Squier 51s, a Melody Maker and an old Teisco
Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. Otherelectrics
My acoustics too.
Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. Acousticsandbass
Plus my two Westones.

Keep losing count Rolling Eyes

Sollophonic
Sollophonic

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. Empty Re: Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection.

Post by hoax Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am

Nice collection!!

I too love Telecasters but for some reason I just can't take to Strats. Love your black P90.

Hoax
hoax
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. Empty Re: Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection.

Post by Iceman Thu May 05, 2011 10:51 am

All black Gibson guitars used to be my weak spot. What year is your MM and how to you like it?? How does it compare to a vintage example?

Very nice eclectic stable Sollo. cheers
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu May 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Great collection there man!
And $50 for the MIK Dano!?!? Unbelievable score.
Mine cost me more like $245! But hey, it's a Cool Copper colour and has the tweed bag. Rolling Eyes

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8695
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sollophonic Thu May 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Iceman wrote:All black Gibson guitars used to be my weak spot. What year is your MM and how to you like it?? How does it compare to a vintage example?

Very nice eclectic stable Sollo. cheers

Mine is a 2008, and it is a sweet little guitar.

Recent New Guitar Days, plus the rest of my collection. PeaveyAmpplusMelodymaker

It has a lovely chunky neck, nitro finish, and is really light and loud acoustically as well, making it a great sofa-noodling guitar.

I love the tone from the little Gibby pickup too, these only exist in the MM I think, and this guitar has the most responsive tone and volume controls than I have had on any guitar. Its amazing how many different tones you can get from that one pickup and two pots. It has an almost P90 type sound. The downside to this MM is its intonation, I have just about got it acceptable, I have tried loads of different bridges, without any success. I fitted a compensated one, but it just robbed the tone. I think Gibson drilled the bridge posts too far back, so what I did was file the end slots of the stock bridge a bit deeper, and reused that. Its such a hefty chunk of metal, staright away I got that bright MM tone back.

I love it, and for £180 it was a steal. Combine this guitar with a soundproof room and a small cranked valve amp, and its great fun.

My favorite Gibsons are the lower end ones like the MMs and the Juniors. You can keep your maple caps and tun-o-matics IMO Laughing
Sollophonic
Sollophonic

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu May 05, 2011 4:10 pm

hoax wrote:I too love Telecasters but for some reason I just can't take to Strats

I'm with ya Hoax. Tele over Strat anyday, although the Tele headstock is pretty lame IMO. Too skinny!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down