The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pantera x390pw and the kahler.....

4 posters

Go down

Pantera - pantera x390pw and the kahler..... Empty pantera x390pw and the kahler.....

Post by Menahemd Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:04 am

i love the guitar but i hate that bridge....
does someone have an idea that will make me less hate it?
Menahemd
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Pantera - pantera x390pw and the kahler..... Empty Re: pantera x390pw and the kahler.....

Post by colt933 Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:13 am

Menahemd wrote:i love the guitar but i hate that bridge....
does someone have an idea that will make me less hate it?

In my opinion, the Kahler Pro is the best guitar bridge ever made.

Here are some reasons:

1. More wood left on the guitar than fulcrum tremolos so better tone
2. Fine tuners aren't too fine so they work pretty well with a locked nut - not as apt to run out of adjustment and have to unlock like a Floyd.
3. Individual string height adjustment unlike Floyd or traditional fixed bridge.
4. The only bridge I know of with string width adjustment - frickin awesome idea.
5. The spring tension IS adjustable unlike what most people think - you can buy a stiffer spring from Kahler to give it more of a Floyd-like feel if that's what you want.
6. It's a big substantial hunk of metal and has great tone along with the #1 above.

So in my opinion, if your frets are level, you can do a much better set-up on a Kahler Pro than on any other kind of bridge, especially because of #3 and 4. It takes some time, but you can really tweak the set-up more with this system than with any other bridge system.

And because you haven't lost a bunch of wood and because the bridge is a big chunk of metal, the tone is quite good as well.

Honestly, what is not to like?

What are your complaints of this system?

Is yours in need of some maintenance or repair?

Last edited by colt933 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : maintenance/repair)
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Pantera - pantera x390pw and the kahler..... Empty Re: pantera x390pw and the kahler.....

Post by corsair Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:01 pm

I've only ever seen them in here and over at Matsumoku, but boy, they look like a primo piece of gear and everyone who's got one loves it!! Our pet Swede over at Matt actually tore one down and pronounced it a superbly engineered work of art...
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:00 pm

corsair wrote:...Our pet Swede over at Matt...
What does one feed a pet Swede anyway? (he said expecting the answer)

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down