The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: Spectrum ST Bass

3 posters

Go down

Wanted: Spectrum ST Bass Empty Wanted: Spectrum ST Bass

Post by untune Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi all, I'd made a post about the Spectrum over in the technical board as I thought I was getting one, but the guy apparently sold it so I'm a bit gutted now Sad

Anyways, I've really taken a shine to them while I've been learning about them over the last few days, and would still love to have one. Ideally I'd like a Spectrum ST bass in white, a Spectrum DX in white, or failing that maybe a Spectrum GT in black. I don't know why but I love the look of them in white!

I was hoping to have a nice vintage bass to record with (since the couple I already have are pretty useless for recording with) and if I got one I could sell off my others and make something back, plus I've always been won over by instruments that have a real individuality, which I think Westones have by the bucketload! So as a last effort I thought I'd try here since everyone's been so helpful with the technical questions, maybe someone has one that they're not using anymore, something like that...

I've tried ebay but they don't seem to have what I'm looking for... anyways it'd be great if anyone can help, I'm in Bolton/Manchester, UK if that's any help too.

Cheers,
Lee
untune
untune
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-02-21

http://www.retronym.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Spectrum ST Bass Empty Re: Wanted: Spectrum ST Bass

Post by Warrn Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:16 pm

If you just keep your eye on eBay, the various Spectrum basses are not uncommon and pop up for sale quite regularly. Sorry that your original deal didn't work out, but hopefully you can find another one soon! And I must say, white is indeed a great color for them. The contrast between the white body and black hardware/neck is just stunning.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by untune Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Cheers for the info, shame nobody has one for sale Razz I'd also be interested in Thunder basses if anyone is looking to shift one Smile
untune
untune
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Keep an eye out for the Electra equivalent, too - I can't remember the model number but they are pretty much exactly the same as the Westone, the downside being the Electras don't really turn up all that often outside the CONUS... Sad
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:01 pm

I doubt he'll find an Electra in the UK, although they are just as nice as their Westone counterparts.
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by untune Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Nah no chance of an Electra over here, I've already had a look down that road Razz There are some Westones on ebay but they're either unoriginal electronics or beaten to death or just too expensive...
untune
untune
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:06 pm

[quote="untune" There are some Westones on ebay but they're either unoriginal electronics or beaten to death or just too expensive...[/quote]

.... welcome to our world, man!! Wanted: Spectrum ST Bass Icon_lol But do hang out for a Spectrum; they're a great instrument!! Wanted: Spectrum ST Bass Icon_cool Wanted: Spectrum ST Bass Icon_biggrin
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down