The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

probably wasting time pondering Rabin Signature Pantera production numbers...

4 posters

Go down

probably wasting time pondering Rabin Signature Pantera production numbers... Empty probably wasting time pondering Rabin Signature Pantera production numbers...

Post by ZEFF Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Forgive me for re-hashing again...  but I am wondering how many of the Rabin Signature guitars were made.  BITD I had an X390 and salivated over the catalog showing the upcoming Rabin Signature models (which basically never happened!)  Recently, I have been fortunate enough to acquire a matching pair of white Trevor Rabin Signature 1's -guitar and bass.  I am quite proud of them as they are both labeled "WESTONE"  (i know it hardly makes a difference- but it does).  So how many are floating around?  I guess we have heard: less than 100 total made?  My mind swirls with the possibility of the scarcity of these guitars.  I think we all know we see far more signature III's than II's or I's- just image how those numbers COULD pan out!  Not to mention it appears that the majority were re branded as "ALVAREZ".  So could my guitar be one of 10 or so in existence stamped WESTONE?  I know it seems far fetched- but if half of them were made into Alvies, that could leave 50, of which 25 are III's, 15 II's and 10 I's??  AND WHAT ABOUT THE BASS??  (no treble Smile )   Yes, these are ALL made up numbers- but that is what I am wondering.  I have only EVER seen like 2 Signature I's- even in pictures.   Does anyone know where ANY of the Westone stamped guitars are??  Is there any member here who has one?  Do we have a running count somewhere to prove that even a handful exist??  A really fun thought to me is that with so few in existence it becomes a greater and greater possibility that the one I own is actually the instrument in the catalog photo that I was enamored with all those years ago.   Again, quite a daydream- but if there is a 1/10 chance.. that's pretty good!
ZEFF
ZEFF
Registered Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

probably wasting time pondering Rabin Signature Pantera production numbers... Empty Re: probably wasting time pondering Rabin Signature Pantera production numbers...

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:34 pm

I think it's about 100 between the WER and AER's.  No idea how they are split.  I have a Westone I (in need of much repair) and an Alvarez III as well as one of the basses.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

probably wasting time pondering Rabin Signature Pantera production numbers... Empty Re: probably wasting time pondering Rabin Signature Pantera production numbers...

Post by ZEFF Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:31 pm

sarc, i'm sure you have had an eye out for them- have you EVER seen another?   know where they are now?
ZEFF
ZEFF
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:49 am

I've seen a few for sale here and there, but the III's are more likely to show up.   Here is a link to see the shape my Rabin I is in:
http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t4292-westone-trevor-rabin-signature-i-wer100wh-fixer-upper?highlight=rabin

And oddly enough there was a Westone Rabin III (black) on ebay yesterday:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westone-Pantera-Trevor-Rabin-Signature-Model-/171679003877?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=uDgxuUoJzwFx%252BLJxcafWIkGGohg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I'd really like to get a II in black
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:14 am

sarcaster wrote:I'd really like to get a II in black

.... forgive me, Pat.... can't resist, but....

...  I'd really like to see the Spectrum 12 finished!Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Here here, John!!!  The rest of us agree.  

So get cracking Pat!!!

Razz
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:28 pm

Yeah, what's-a-happenin'?!
I ain't getting any younger ya know!

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:01 pm

I'm in the middle of my first SOLD build from scratch. I've worked hard to get to the point where I can build a guitar an sell them. But I hear ya. I will finish it but building from scratch is more rewarding $$$$ at thus point so it's takes my time. But it is a holiday in the US tomorrow so maybe I'll work on the neck angle issue with the 12 tomorrow
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:36 pm

ooo - and I picked up the Westone Rabin Sig off ebay Smile   It's a little rough - I need to make all the control covers, straighten out the wiring and do a fret job and cleanup and it should turn out real nice
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Alright!  That was on CL for $150 right before it hit Ebay.  I didn't see it till afterward it was already on Ebay!  Doh!  Enjoy it Sarc, glad you got her.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ZEFF Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:03 pm

Pics?!?!
ZEFF
ZEFF
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Ill put some pics - but at the moment there is a black Alvarez 300 on ebay - looks like a runf on TR models
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Face Palm We're never gonna see the 12 Specky in our lifetime Johnny.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down