The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corsair GT/XA1430 string lock/string gauge issue

2 posters

Go down

Corsair - Corsair GT/XA1430 string lock/string gauge issue Empty Corsair GT/XA1430 string lock/string gauge issue

Post by CAMartin Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:18 pm

The newbie returns...or, never really left!

So, I did my first restring on my Corsair, tonight...and all was going fine until after balancing the trem spring tension vs the fresh set of 10s I'd installed, I found that I couldn't tighten the low E/A clamp bolt...it just wouldn't quite get a purchase with the threads.  I slacked the strings and tried the bolt through the saddle alone, and it threaded fine...

...so, are the tolerances so close that I'll be forced to string with 9s, just for the skinnier low strings!?!?
CAMartin
CAMartin
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2021-11-28

Back to top Go down

Corsair - Corsair GT/XA1430 string lock/string gauge issue Empty Re: Corsair GT/XA1430 string lock/string gauge issue

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:07 am

No, you just need a slightly longer bolt. 
The thickness of the low E/A strings push up the lock plate enough to stop the bolt grabbing. 
Don't quote me but I seem to remember the bolt needs to be 11mm thread. 
Get a 12mm M4 bolt and see how much needs to be ground off
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

CAMartin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Corsair - Corsair GT/XA1430 string lock/string gauge issue Empty Re: Corsair GT/XA1430 string lock/string gauge issue

Post by CAMartin Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:12 am

That's what I was thinking.  I'm having a helluva time finding any online on guitar sites...which is odd, considering some of the massive strings used in heavy detunings.
CAMartin
CAMartin
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:58 am

ebay

clicketh here
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by CAMartin Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:42 pm

Back Atcha!

Amazon Strikes Again
CAMartin
CAMartin
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down