The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought.

5 posters

Go down

Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Empty Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought.

Post by Gloveberg Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:40 am

Haven't posted in a while but I picked up another Westone from Reverb because it was yellow with a pointy headstock, pretty much my kryptonite.  I've been going through the Westone history pages trying to identify the model but I'm a little confused.  It's yellow with a reverse headstock and no neck plate so I'm assuming it's Korean made guitar.  It was advertised as a Corsair but I "think" I've narrowed it down to a Spectrum GT WE6400 but everything that I've read says that it came with a Kahler trem system but this one has a Bendmaster.  Also the pickups in all the ones I see online are covered and these are uncovered pickups.  I just received it so I haven't taken it apart to clean and set it up so I don't know what pickups are in it right now for sure.  Other than that they look the same to me but if possible I'd appreciate some input from the experts.  Thanks so much!

Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Img_5310
Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Img_5312
Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Img_5311
Gloveberg
Gloveberg
Registered Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2019-11-22

Back to top Go down

Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Empty Re: Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought.

Post by Gloveberg Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:44 am

Along side it's XA1330 big brother  cheers

Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Img_5313
Gloveberg
Gloveberg
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Empty Re: Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought.

Post by Westbone Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:03 pm

XA1330CY

Spectrum III reverse headstock.

LINK
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloveberg Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Thanks so much!  The yellow one is Korean?
Gloveberg
Gloveberg
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Korean indeed.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

KeyserSoze likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloveberg Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Again I thank you for the information.  Country of origin doesn't matter to me, it was more I was curious of the history.  It's the second of I hope more Westone's Twisted Evil
Gloveberg
Gloveberg
Registered Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainfertilizer Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:13 pm

Hey, Gloveberg, I've been thinking of putting my Korean dark blue Challenger up for sale.
TRS-101 trem that stays in tune, decent tone, low action straight neck, pointy headstock.

Let me know if you're interested. If you're not interested now, I don't actually have to sell it now, can wait for a few months.

Looking for $250. Maybe add some extra shipping if you are outside the US or on the West Coast.

Nathan

Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Img_4310
Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Img_4311
Brainfertilizer

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KeyserSoze Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:39 am

Westbone wrote:XA1330CY

Spectrum III reverse headstock.
Thanks for the link. I've been looking through many links trying to figure out which model I have and it turns out I have the same one. I bought it on a radio auction where businesses trade merchandise for advertising and the radio station auctions it off to listeners. I picked up the guitar new for $75 in the late 80's! I'm the only owner so it's still like new, except for some dust. I've messed around with it a bit but I've decided to get serious about playing again after many years off. Just bought a Spark practice amp so I should have some fun. By the way, is it Wes Tone? or West One? Thanks.
Looking to identify exactly what Westone model I just bought. Img_2010
KeyserSoze
KeyserSoze

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:00 pm

I believe the intent was West-Tone, at least that's how I have always interpreted it.
West One is (or was) a condo development. . . somewhere in the western hemisphere. Can't remember where. geek

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8700
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

KeyserSoze likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down