The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing my Westone Pantera...

2 posters

Go down

Introducing my Westone Pantera... Empty Introducing my Westone Pantera...

Post by Ron S Sat May 16, 2020 1:14 pm

Hi guys. I've had this since 1986, played it for a few years but stored it back when I got into Fenders. I've recently been going through my guitars (lockdown boredom) and started playing the thing again. Really love it, versatile and feels great to play.
I don't seem to be able to find a huge amount about it online, other than Trevor Rabin, Leslie West and possibly Boon Gould from Level 42 used to use one. I've only ever seen one other in the flesh, a blue one.

Mine's completely original with the original case and pretty much mint. Apart from a couple of repairs (input jack and a string retainer from the Kahler).

It seems a great guitar, I used to have a Spectrum ST back in the early eighties but wasn't as impressed with that.

Anyone got one and want to share impressions?Introducing my Westone Pantera... Panter13
Introducing my Westone Pantera... Panter12
Introducing my Westone Pantera... Panter14

Thanks

Ron

Introducing my Westone Pantera... Panter11
Introducing my Westone Pantera... Panter10
Introducing my Westone Pantera... Panter10
Ron S
Ron S
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2020-05-16

Back to top Go down

Introducing my Westone Pantera... Empty Re: Introducing my Westone Pantera...

Post by Barry Sat May 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi Ron and welcome.
That's a beauty you have there. I don't have one in my collection but many here do and I'm sure they'll chime in soon.

Meantime do check out our website where you'll find some more info LINK  Also look under the Scans section for copies of catalogues featuring the Pantera models.

And hey, the Spectrum is one of my personal favourites, including the ST model which was my first. If you found it less than inspirng it might be because you were a victim of the so called "UBC" pickups which were installed on the later builds and whimpy at best. Most of us replaced those with something more suitable.

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8696
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron S Sat May 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Thanks Barry. Certainly didn't mean to offend re the Spectrum  Very Happy Yes I remember that the pickups weren't as sweet-sounding as the Pantera and the trem went out of tune. Bearing in mind I was 14-15 and didn't know that you could replace pickups and set up trems easily haha!

Last edited by Ron S on Sat May 16, 2020 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Ron S
Ron S
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2020-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down