The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1960s teisco audition ...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1960s teisco audition ... - Page 2 Empty Re: 1960s teisco audition ...

Post by monkey Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:04 am

this may be what mine originally looked like ...

1960s teisco audition ... - Page 2 Lccjpv9rzw8lhcca88rh

... as it was cherry red, instead of three tone sunburst.  this, however, lacks the purfling around the top and the binding around the 'f' holes.

monkey

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2017-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:57 pm

all the binding and purfling has now been cleaned out.  next, i need to think about re-building the routing where it's preciously been sanded away.  i'm still not sure about putting the purfling back.  getting the width right could be tricky.  maybe i can put the binding back and then put the purfling back against that and fill any gaps.
monkey
monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:44 am

i measured the binding and purfling routing this morning. the top binding is 1.1mm wide by 5.5mm deep. the purfling is 2.7mm wide by 1.1mm deep. i'm now much more confident that the purfling is doable. i can put back the binding to create a 2.7mm wide trench. i can then use two strips of purfling (black/white/black and white/black), which will be 2.5mm wide. i doubt the 0.2mm gap will even be noticeable. the original had an inner black purfling strip of 0.75mm (or there about). so, it won't be quite identical. ironically, the original had black feathering, anyway (so this strip merged with that) - something i don't currently plan to reproduce.
monkey
monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2