The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teisco trem system

4 posters

Go down

Teisco trem system Empty Teisco trem system

Post by arfoster1 Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:32 pm

I just what i believe to be a teisco audition guitar. It needed a clean up, so i took everything off it. The trem, to me, didn't work and on looking at it I think i know why. The springs seem to be placed in a way that you can only pull the trem arm back on itself. Does anyone know how it should be put together or whether its ment to only bend back, cause i'd like to have this guitar fully functional.
arfoster1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Teisco trem system Empty Re: Teisco trem system

Post by corsair Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:51 am

You realise that this is a Westone site, don't you.... Smile I certainly don't know anything about Teisco stuff, maybe some of the chaps do but also, without pictures, we're literally in the dark...
corsair

Number of posts : 6333
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Teisco trem system Empty Re: Teisco trem system

Post by umpdv5000 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:42 pm

If you post a few pics I could well be able to explain things to you, as I have a Tiesco which used to have a trem on it. From what I can remember, there was an plate that the springs hooked on and it also housed the rocking trem arm bracket which you threaded your strings through and the springs attached to. ~Am I right?
umpdv5000
umpdv5000

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Teisco trem system Empty teisco trem system

Post by gittarasaurus Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 am

i have an audition guitar with a trem system on it that works. i agree with the others, some pics would be helpful. do you know if all the parts are present?

here is a description of what is on my audition guitar...
the tremolo system is all surface mounted, no routing into the guitar needed.
the tremolo has a string anchor plate of flat metal that the strings pass thru. the string anchor plate is attached an axel that has the trem arm connected to the end of it, so that it moves forward and back when using the tremolo bar. the plate is on the back side of the axel and rises above the axel to hold the ball ends of the strings. the strings provide the forward tension. toward the bottom end of the guitar, you find 2 adjusting screws that pass through the plate that anchors the strings. the 2 screws thread into another smaller plate where the springs attach to the moveable part of the tremolo. the other end of the springs attach to the base plate at the back end. the springs and the adjustments provide the tension to the back end of the guitar. some of these tremolos had covers but it seems that most of the covers and arms have been lost over time. it is quite rare to find one totally complete and original.

just like any tremolo, the adjustment is a balancing act between the springs and the strings.

i'm not sure how to post pictures here or i would put up a pic of my guitar's trem setup. maybe later.....
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Teisco trem system Empty a picture, maybe

Post by gittarasaurus Thu May 26, 2011 10:23 am

is this what you are looking for?
Teisco trem system 33hwaw
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus