The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pedal Boards

5 posters

Go down

Pedal Boards Empty Pedal Boards

Post by xbarnesx Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 am

so the GA$ has been pretty serious over the last 6 months my pedals have swelled from half a dozen-ish to a shoegaze-esque twenty

I'm thinking of building a new board as my current one only houses 10-12 depending on which ones are employed, some are the mini pedals, some have a large footprint, most are traditional 'boss' size

I wondered what everyone else was rocking to give me some inspiration!  lets have your pics!

TB
xbarnesx

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Back to top Go down

Pedal Boards Empty Re: Pedal Boards

Post by corsair Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:59 am

Mine are just two Boss BCB-6s, one set up with modulation pedals, and the other with distortions and overdrives and neither of which I am using currently!! There are pics in here already of mine so I won't labour the point, suffice to say that they are a little old-fashioned as modern boards are built to cope with all kinds of stuff, not just the standard Boss-sized stompers, eh! I know my Crowther pedals - a Hot cake and a Prunes and Custard - don't fit on the Boss boards...
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 am

Well, I've been tinkering with a couple of mine for a bit (still in trial wiring but functional)

With the use of two stereo processors which can drive 4 amps, virtually quadraphonic.

Pedal Boards Board10

Works well when simulating two simultaneous guitars: one processor set on pitch shift one octave down and the other processor set one octave up.
Very Iron Maiden'ish..
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:22 pm

I've since removed the CS-3 (too much hiss) but here's the hook-up:

Pedal Boards Diagra11

I know it stands to be criticized but I wanted to see if it would work  Smile
Loads of fun though!

Caused a black-out in sector 3 clown
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Looks impressive...but for moi, too much work.
A few levels of overdrive, the occasional chorus, and I'm a happy ol' fart.

The rest is from what's left in me arthritic fingers.  Cheaper that way too.  geek

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8724
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:11 am

I think you do need to compress the incoming signal, Steve, just so that everything gets a smooth, steady signal level; I hated the hiss that came with a compressor, too, but persisted until I found a compromise.... and a bloody noise gate!!

Two flangers? Probably a bit of overkill, buddy, eh!!

Looks pretty impressive, bloke, but - like Barry - a bit complex for this old, slow kiwi!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:09 am

I get that this could be a lot of fun just noodling around, but I cannot imagine something like this working comfortably in a live environment.

Even mounting to something more solid, and replacing the longer wiring with smaller jumpers, I would still have the willies about the reliability of the signal chain, never mind trying to hit the right pedal at the right time. Confused 2

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8724
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:28 pm

The whole thing is overkill for sure Laughing and definitively not for live performance.
It all started with a single line chain of modulation, drive and distortion. Also having the processors, I wanted to see if it would actually work adding them at the end. That way I can use the built in drum machine of the RP90 and the looper/dubbing of the RP255 in tandem/stereo. It works pretty well and loads of fun.

The EVH Flanger is awesome in the line position but I make full use of the stereo functions of BF-3 and CE-5. I never use compounded effects of those three... way too dizzying.

The EVH OD 5150 is gated and both RP units have their own gates and compressors as well.
Mind you, the rig is not tested at performance volume and don't think I'd want to try

Two processors as stand alone is enough to drive anyone mad with all the possible settings.

Impractical for sure but fun as all heck to try the combinations of single or simultaneous guitars.
Let's face it, I'm no John Petrucci Wink
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Adey Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:39 am

I see you have a wireless system feeding in to this at the start. What one are you using, is it any good, and what did it cost? I'm thinking about getting one...
Adey
Adey
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2014-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:17 pm

The wireless I have is a single channel Intellitouch Freedom One but has worked well for years.
Gives about 30 feet radius and runs about 8hrs on a single AAA bat. Relatively quiet, and minimal Freq loss, reliable and draws about 100mA at the base on standard 9V adapter. Bought it for 70.00 CDN, a while back.
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down