The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone Spectrum LX E-Bass with 2nd fretted neck

5 posters

Go down

Westone Spectrum LX E-Bass with 2nd fretted neck Empty Westone Spectrum LX E-Bass with 2nd fretted neck

Post by hendrik Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Seen on Ebay Switzerland.

SPECTRUM BASS

In case some translation is needed, just let me know!

H.
hendrik
hendrik

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Westone Spectrum LX E-Bass with 2nd fretted neck Empty Re: Westone Spectrum LX E-Bass with 2nd fretted neck

Post by stuyvo Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:48 am

hendrik wrote:Seen on Ebay Switzerland.

SPECTRUM BASS

In case some translation is needed, just let me know!

H.

please mate, iv wanted one of these for a while, I cant tell if he ships overseas or not though even haha, im in Australia
stuyvo
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Westone Spectrum LX E-Bass with 2nd fretted neck Empty SPECTRUM LX with two necks TRANSLATED

Post by hendrik Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:30 am

Hi,

Translation:

E-Bass with two changeable necks(fretted, frettless)

To my knowledge, the bass was only produced between 1985 to 1987. The set with two necks only in 1986.
The instrument is very rare and meant for professional use. The idea of a bass guitar with two necks is to my knowledge unique.
Changing the necks is really quite easy, the necks just fit.

The instrument is similar to a Fender precision bass, but the quality is much higher. The range if different sounds is quite amazing and the active electronics just put another level on top.

The original active circuitery has been a battery sucker. Therefore the active electronics have been replaced with some modern parts.
As a result the sound has much more punch and the battery consumption has been reduced from 24 to 2 each year.

The fretless neck has been modified with Schaller mechanics.

The conditions of the bass are according to the age quite good. The overall conditions are nearly perfect, the height of the strings....
The bass shows some signs of use, which is quite normal.
Included in the package is the original case with the "secret compartment" for the 2nd neck.

Minimum price is 500 CHF = 555 AUD.
Additional for outside delivery from Switzerland Customs and GST have to be added ( 7.6% of the swiss price) plus the shipping.

Try to contact him, on the German appearance of EBAY just click here Frage an den Verkäufer
Means contact or ask him.
No worries about writing in English. As usual Swiss people normally speak quite a good English.

In case you don't get any contact, let me know I can try to contact him to.

H.
hendrik
hendrik

Back to top Go down

Westone Spectrum LX E-Bass with 2nd fretted neck Empty Re: Westone Spectrum LX E-Bass with 2nd fretted neck

Post by corsair Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 pm

oooh, sounds reasonable, there Stuyvo - there have been very, very few of these come up with both necks, eh!! One turned up in NZ a month or two ago, but lacked the second neck. You tempted; the selling price is reasonable - as usual the fecking shipping will kill it stone dead, I'm picking! Mad
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hendrik Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi all,

has anyone contacted him about the bass and sending him Down Under or even Far Far Away?

In case no, I wil put a bid on the bass. But I don't want to square someone ! Cool

BR

H.
hendrik
hendrik

Back to top Go down

Post by hendrik Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:10 pm

It's mine, mine, mine.... mine... Cool Twisted Evil pirat

I'm utterly stunned, cool instrument. The fretless neck is really easy.
Going to put the fretted one on...

And going to put some pictures in the Members Database.

H.

And bugger of bloody crisis, I'm going to put my money into stuff a like and I do enjoy.
hendrik
hendrik

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Glad to hear it! At some point I want to pick one up, but I'll wait til one shows up here in the states (or Canada).
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:01 pm

I dont get it. While I can see its an interesting collectors piece why would anyone make or buy such a thing in the first place? Not surprising theyre rare. Want one now..
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:39 pm

grogg wrote:I don't get it. While I can see its an interesting collectors piece why would anyone make or buy such a thing in the first place? Not surprising they're rare. Want one now..

Versatility? must have cost a bit to make, too, but I don't want one! Really. I don't.... Rolling Eyes
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down