The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neck Queries

3 posters

Go down

Neck Queries Empty Neck Queries

Post by ross21mac Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi guys,
I am a proud owner of a Matsumoku Westone Thunder IA. Possibly my favourite thing about the guitar is the neck; I am planning to build a guitar and would be looking to either buy another westone model and use that neck, or use a neck with similar dimensions. Therefore I was wondering; are the necks on all models of thunder (the IA, IIA and also the non-Matsumoku models) the same dimensions? If not, I'm wondering if you guys know or would be able to point me in the directions of the information regarding the dimensions of the particular neck so that I can try to find one that is as similar as possible. Also, I really like your site, the guitar is my dad's so I didn't know much about it and he got it when he was younger so finding this site has been helping both of us learn about these magnificent guitars! I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
Ross MacLeod
ross21mac
ross21mac

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-12-21

Back to top Go down

Neck Queries Empty Re: Neck Queries

Post by Adey Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:28 pm

There's one on ebay at the mo...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westone-Thunder-1A-Left-Handed-Guitar-Neck-/331422840035?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
Adey
Adey
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2014-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi Ross, and welcome aboard! 
If I recall correctly the thunder ii models are set neck guitar, tthough I could be wrong there. 
I think all the thunder 1 versions are the same however. 

Adey that "left hooker"  is pricey, I just bought a complete T1 for just a couple £ more.
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Adey Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:39 am

I thought it was a little pricey too. Only one photo. Difficult to see frets, but they looked a bit tired...
Adey
Adey
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2014-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down