The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replace Bendmaster Deluxe on an XA1420 with something simple!

Go down

Poll Replace Bendmaster Deluxe on an XA1420 with something simple!

Post by Coldwater Fri May 30, 2014 9:40 am

Hello all,

I recently bought a super beat up XA1420 at a pawn shop and want to get it back into playing condition because i know it has the potential!

My Bendmaster Deluxe bridge which is missing the nut locks, and is in overall poor condition. Therefore, I am thinking of switching the bridge out to a single piece  stoptail/adjustable-stoptail/simple type of bridge. I think this will save me the time of messing with a Bendmaster system that might need a ton of new and rare parts and get me playing my Westone sooner and with better intonation. Also, I think that I could simply use the same stud holes already in the guitar for the new bridge. I really dont mind the idea of having the hole in my guitar from the Bendmaster system because as I said the guitar is beat up and I really just want to play it!!!!!! Of course I want to ask the gurus for their opinion before i make such a change to a beautiful guitar!

Also please let me know if you have any suggestions for a specific bridge. Im thinking a PRS style one because the PRS and more Fender similar than the XA1420- which has a 25.5 inch scale, and 350mm radius.

Thanks for the help,

Coldwater
Coldwater
Coldwater

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down