The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See the new 2014 Westone Spectrum

5 posters

Go down

See the new 2014 Westone Spectrum Empty See the new 2014 Westone Spectrum

Post by The Chad Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:35 am

Actually it's an Electra Phoenix, which is what the Spectrum was before it was a Westone Spectrum.  

Skip ahead in the video to 5:52... see and hear the 2014 Electra Phoenix H!  Looks almost exactly the same, amazing.

You can hear it again at 14:57 through the end of the video.  Sounds a looks awesome.   cheers 

SOOOO........ what's everyone's thoughts?
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

See the new 2014 Westone Spectrum Empty Re: See the new 2014 Westone Spectrum

Post by Barry Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Well, it certainly looks the part! Very nice.

As for the sound...who knows? Pumping through all those effects even my flatulence would sound musical.  clown

I'm not a big fan of all the finger gymnastics and dive bombing. It may be fun to play but it's painful to listen to. Get it all the time in the shop. Annoying rather than impressive.

So what's the scoop on the neck Chad? Any observations there? Availability? Price? Other models?

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8701
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:01 pm

"Two guitars — the Phoenix H and S — and one bass make up the most recent Phoenix group of products. Based on the original Electra Phoenix X110 guitar, the Phoenix H has been updated to meet the needs of today’s rock guitarists. Featuring a Floyd Rose tremolo and a newly designed Super MagnaFlux high-output passive humbucking pickup, the Phoenix H is designed for aggressive players. The Phoenix H initially will be available in Trans Black and Trans Orange finishes, both with maple fretboards. The Phoenix H will carry an estimated street price of $829.

The Phoenix S has an identical design as the H but utilizes three specially designed single-coil pickups fed into a switching system that allows any and all combinations of the three pickups. Electra's new Analog TBK allows players to mix in either the neck or bridge pickup without affecting the five-way selection. Combined with MagnaFlux SC pickups, this will give players additional tones (neck+bridge, or all three pickups) with a three-single-coil-pickup configuration. The Phoenix S will be available in a Gloss Natural and Tri-Burst for an estimated street price of $599.

Rounding out the Electra’s Phoenix line is the new Phoenix bass. It retains much of the forward-thinking design ideas of the original bass while updating the design and electronics to meet the needs for modern bass players. Moving the bass side horn out to the 12th fret and adding generous belly, forearm and treble side horn contours makes this bass comfortable to play while retaining its aggressive look.
The Phoenix Bass is also Electra’s first collaboration with EMG and includes two specially designed EMG HZ-P pickups feeding a B/T circuit and five-way rotary switch providing players a slew of varying tones. The Phoenix Bass will be available in a swamp ash body with Natural finish and Maple fretboard, as well as an alder body with Gloss Black finish and Ebony fretboard. The Phoenix bass will start at an estimated $999."

The specs below are the single coil Phoenix, they may be the same for the Phoenix H? 

ModelElectra Phoenix S
Body
ConstructionElectra SWC Bolt-On
WoodSwamp Ash
Available FinishesTrans Black
Neck
WoodMaple
ShapeC
TrussrodDouble Acting
FingerboardMaple
Radius12"
NutGraph Tech Tusq
FretsJumbo
InlaysBlack Dot
Scale25.5", 22 Frets
Hardware
TunersElectra by Hipshot
Strap PinLarge
BridgeClassic Tremolo
PickupsElectra MagnaFlux SC
Controls1 Volume, 1 Tone, 1 Electra Tone Blend
Pickup Selector5-Way Switch
StringsElectra Magnaflex
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Well....they look really nice, but I'll stick to my beloved white ST without the fret-wanking thanks  Very Happy
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:44 pm

I say "Good on 'em!!" for reviving the name AND doing the idea some justice by not slavishly copying the design but putting their own spin on it!

Yeah.... not keen on the "Look at me, look at meeee!!" playing - a little envious, but not that much! - but it sounds the goods!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:44 pm

The new Electra models are very well built and thought out and the guys have done their homework and the experience they have shows. I have 2 of the new Omega Prime models and the New Phoenix Bass and SSS Phoenix are on my to get list. I had the opportunity to play the single humbucker model last year at Electra/Westone Fest and it was a great player. Super  nice Maple Neck and the pickups remind me of a more modern version of our beloved MK45.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down