The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Familiar shape?

Go down

Familiar shape? Empty Familiar shape?

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Familiar shape? 111

So while the clear dries on a Tele type I am building I figured I'd start my next build.  My son is taking classical guitar lessons and I thought i'd build him a solid body nylon string guitar using piezo for the pickup.

Does this shape look familiar?  It should to the Pantera owners as I traced my X390, and then changed it to a single horn design.

I had already thought about building a single horned Pantera and this seemed to be the perfect opportunity.  My application for the Westone trademark is in the final stage, so this may end up as a 'legal' Westone albeit no relation to it's origins other than the shape  and the name.  If I do choose to use the Westone name, all guitars will be hand made one offs - no interest in going any further.

The body will be walnut/maple/walnut laminate - kinda like the high end daion look, bolt on neck, nylon string, piezo saddle with preamp built in and still undecided on the neck - probably maple.  Here is hoping on a successful build eh!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Familiar shape? Empty Re: Familiar shape?

Post by corsair Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:12 am

OI!! Where's the Spectrum 12, boy?! No stepping out till that's done, please!!Laughing 
corsair

Number of posts : 6342
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:48 pm

I really got frustrated with the clear coat on the 12.  But I have some clear showing up tomorrow or the next day so I will redo it.  Humidity is lowering in Florida now so it is good for spraying so I will do the 12 and the 390 this week hopefully.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down