The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us where you play guitar.

+5
corsair
mortarman120gang11c
grogg
Barry
The Chad
9 posters

Go down

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. Empty Show us where you play guitar.

Post by The Chad Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Where do you play your geetars?  In your garage, bedroom, basement, man cave, where?  Show us!  Oh, and include your guitar(s) in the photo. 

I'll get pics of my new man cave tonight, love the thing.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. Empty Re: Show us where you play guitar.

Post by Barry Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Bloody show off!

That said, we're currently in the process of finishing off the ceilings in the basement (8 years living with open floor joists, duct work, and wiring!) My current "music room" is cramped as hell. Here are some old pix. I've added quite a few since...31 now...This space looks luxurious by comparison Rolling Eyes :
guitar - Show us where you play guitar. GuitarStorage2
guitar - Show us where you play guitar. GuitarStorage3
guitar - Show us where you play guitar. GuitarStorage1

I can't bloody move right now!
All available space is jammed full as well as the floor. My little PA amp is on the shelf in the upper right corner (since replaced by another one) the mic and stand is not seen either, and is just to the right of that gorgeous red Vantage Avenger AV325. Also not seen is a full sized keyboard digital piano plus 2 keyboards, my main 100 watt Roland amp, floor monitor, as well as the PA speakers on stands in the corners. All in all it can be a challenge to make a racket without making a, um, racket. Feedback is not your friend! 

The good news however, is that she-who-must-be-obeyed has decreed that this room will become a bedroom...and that I can soon take over the newly renovated main rec/family room in the basement, complete with washroom and fireplace for those chilly winter nights! Laughing

That will be glorious! BUT...she hates the cases ("they're ugly") and wants me to hang the bloody guitars on the wall! Completely ignoring the fact of course that I still have to store the cases somewhere! There's no way in Hades that I'm hanging my '64 ES330 to the elements, nor any acoustics for that matter. Even the hard bodies are in danger, so I'd rather they all stay in cases or bags until I'm actually playing them out on rotation.

If you display yer stuff, what do you do with yer cases??

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8724
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. Empty Re: Show us where you play guitar.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:18 pm

We have an extra room in my house that when I bought it was to be my studio, but alas my wife now has it as her office.... The payback... there isa gutar in every room in the house Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:43 am

Barry, you're post made me laugh in an all too knowing way, my "she-who-must-be-obeyed" said the same thing!  I have my cases in the furnace room.  And that's only temporary since we just moved in.  And nice area Barry, sounds like you have all you need in there. 

Here's my new man cave (not showing off, just sharing with people who will actually care)!  Not finished yet, need to finish my trim around the floor.  Also need to do something with the holes left from the former owner.  Anyhow, here she is!

Going down the stairs into the cave and a look around. 

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSCN3177_zps7f2f2de6

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSCN3179_zps1b04c840

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSCN3182_zpsb3493244

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSCN3183_zpsb4ccb069

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSCN3187_zpsb9aaf3c9

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSCN3189_zpsa6d6ad6f

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSCN3192_zps5718a944

So much fun, I feel so blessed I'm overwhelmed.  I don't use the bar as "a bar", I use it as a guitar work area.  It does the job well for the meantime.  Before I used part of a tiny bedroom. 

Whether you have your ideal jam room or not, please post!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:59 am

Very kewl Chad. ('specially the bar!)
I'm thinking of adding an area carpet of some kind to soften the echo off the tile floor. The old room has laminate. Are you experiencing any harshness in the sound at all from the tile?

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Well I don't need reverb down there, that's for sure.  Laughing

Already kicking around the carpet idea (no pun intended), mainly to dampen the sound reflection and to warm my feet!  The sound is pretty good as is, just too reverby.  A nice large manly rug will look, feel, and sound great.  I'm thinking 70's shag rug?  afro Actually I'm thinking a darker color cool pattern rug of some sort.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:36 pm

Oh wow, so wheres the cases?
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Very nice music rooms and studio/man caves. Well I had to keep the wife Happy so I had to convert the wood working shop outside into my man cave. It is functional but always a work in progress. I need to make shelves for all the cases and more wall hangars for the walls etc but it works for now.
guitar - Show us where you play guitar. 100_8352_zps2ffc0d70

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. 100_8356_zps8e5cca9b

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. 100_8358_zpscfab4b1f

Always a work in progress, got AC in but still need ceiling and lower half of walls etc. Will get it finished one day if egas allows it.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Oh shiit
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:01 pm

grogg wrote:Oh wow, so wheres the cases?
That's wot I keep axing...Don\'t Know Thinking 

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:41 pm

for now the cases are leaning up against the wall behind me from where I got this shot.More guitars above the workbench on wall to right and also some cases on the ceiling cross beams for now.Need to put in ceiling and new lighting and finish bottom of the walls and put in another row of hangars on the bottom half and move the racks to the other wall behind me in this shot.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:57 am

My gear is all stacked away; guitars in one corner of the shed, and amps/ancillary gear in another... besides, you've all seen pix of my shed/workshop/rehearsal space....
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by punkyjam67 Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:03 am

mortarman120gang11c wrote:Very nice music rooms and studio/man caves. Well I had to keep the wife Happy so I had to convert the wood working shop outside into my man cave. It is functional but always a work in progress. I need to make shelves for all the cases and more wall hangars for the walls etc but it works for now.
guitar - Show us where you play guitar. 100_8356_zps8e5cca9b
Always a work in progress, got AC in but still need ceiling and lower half of walls etc. Will get it finished one day if egas allows it.
 No, I'm sorry - just posting a pic of your local music store is just not acceptable... WinkLaughing
punkyjam67
punkyjam67
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:28 am

Surprised!  Love it Arthur!  A proper jam area full of geetars! 
The reactions from Punky and Grogg were great, I agree!  lol! 

I keep my cases in the furnace room adjacent to the cave.  My Wife would like them out of sight entirely, but not gonna happen.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:13 am

mortarman120gang11c wrote:...some cases on the ceiling cross beams...
Roll on Floor Laff Nice to have that option!

Barry
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks for the comments. It still has a long way to go but most essentials are there now with AC/Heat , fridge for those cold drinks etc, and always room to be made for more gear. It makes a good dog house for me to stay in as well every time a new guitar does not make it past the wife..... lol
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 am

Seeing your table Chad, I was always tinkering with the idea of finishing a table in sunburst or stain it in an Orange/Nuclear Burst
Smile 
My place is small I don't have a choice. Housing up here is still ridiculously high-priced with too many people in dept with risky mortgages they might not be able to pay back and banks that need to be bailed one after another. We're robbed, f**d and fooled. Renters are taxed to the max. The bubble is too big and politicians aim to let the air out in 30 years or so instead of letting it burst, get it over with. Kicking the can, extend and pretend. Everybody needs to be corrupted. So much for todays neo liberalism.

Last edited by jim on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : f word and such)
jim
jim

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Meadows Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:31 am

Serious "Man cave" envy going on here I'm afraid, you guys across the pond seem to have the luxury of space and that all important basement!!!!. I stayed in Laval, Montreal for a while and was so impressed with those under house basement/dens. These days my guys stand upright in gig bags in MY wardrobe, between jeans, tshirts and the like with the odd one scattered around the house.......where once was a small studio now live shoe boxes, wardrobes and bloody handbags......Don\'t Know
Meadows
Meadows
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:28 am

Same here, 3 bed semi affords next to no room to play, where once lay my studio space now sleeps my daughter.........hindsight tells me I should have bought condoms..  Face Palm
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:01 am

Sgt. Vimes wrote:Same here, 3 bed semi affords next to no room to play, where once lay my studio space now sleeps my daughter.........hindsight tells me I should have bought condoms..  Face Palm
Can't wait till women take over control. and empathy makes the difference!

No matter what! Girls never go to war!
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 am

Imagine war and nobody goes...
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 am

jim wrote:Imagine war and nobody goes...
Frank Zappa:
'Politics is the entertainment branch of industry'

check out http://stormcloudsgathering.com/ for fire and smoke since we're talking off topic imho Aaron Hawkins knows what he is talking about. Are you a veteran?
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:24 am

Thumb Up
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:01 am

Sgt. Vimes wrote:Thumb Up
Thanks! Although uplifting I still cry. People are still paralysed by the mainstream media propaganda outings. Even while internet made it possible to learn so much more if you use it in a proper way. This will define future. If I may, let me introduce you to one of my heroes, Dr John, in his lalest outing where he hints to Salif 'keitas's Mandjou, Kane kassie  'don't cry'  I recognised it immediately. Still there's a message, not surprisingly from New Orleans that was flooded by ignorance!
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:03 am

Alas, here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TW-nECJYqQ
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:31 pm

corsair wrote:My gear is all stacked away; guitars in one corner of the shed, and amps/ancillary gear in another... besides, you've all seen pix of my shed/workshop/rehearsal space....
Dragged out the set up I used at the last gig I did.... quite some time ago, I might add!!

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSC_0007_zpsaf607acb

The only difference is the multi pedal which on the day was my other set of stompers... the guitars were different, too; I used my VA900, GT Bass and the Genesis II; the ones showing here are my 'new' Avenger, Avenger 395 and Pantera.

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSC_0002_zps04ec6edc

Amp is an Australian built Elfa Bass 100; I used it because I was using a bass plus it really is a powerful piece of equipment and it's LIGHT!! On top of that is a Jansen monitor amp, made in NZ about the time of Moses, running the two foldbacks you can see and atop that a little PA used for scratch vocals and the synth and lap steel.  I'm almost sure that I used a small mixer to put all the guitars through the pedal boards; in fact I must have 'cause 'One of these days' has a distorted sound to it...
That's a Boss RV 3 hanging from its cables used for echo and reverb on vocals...

guitar - Show us where you play guitar. DSC_0009_zps9baf6841

I'm not really a keyboard player; I know enough to add some colour and Hammond/Farfisa/Rhodes sounds to a piece - proper piano is well beyond me!! The lap steel was for 'One of these days', 'Sister Goldenhair' and our C&W bracket...
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:13 am

Nice set up John, love the RV3 hanging from you rig!  Glad I'm not the only one who "funtionally" arranges things.  Laughing
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down