The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB: Spectrum SX in great condition

4 posters

Go down

WTB: Spectrum SX in great condition Empty WTB: Spectrum SX in great condition

Post by Omalikular Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Been wanting a Spectrum SX for ages. I've been watching ebay for a few months for a one, but the few listings I've seen are beat up, chipped, or belt-scratched into oblivion. I've seen a few in the FOR SALE section pop up on craigslist, but none of them are anywhere near me (and buying off that non-locally... well you know.) Found this website, and was said "hey perfect."

Basically I'm looking for a RED Spectrum SX that's in good condition. The fewer the imperfections, the better. Needs to have original parts. OHSC is nice, but not required. Deal is with cash.

Enlighten me so that I may join the Westone party Surprised
Omalikular
Omalikular

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-03

Back to top Go down

WTB: Spectrum SX in great condition Empty Re: WTB: Spectrum SX in great condition

Post by gittarasaurus Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 pm

ask, and you shall receive......
today is your lucky day.

just klik here

a bit of a dink on the headstock, but the rest of the guitar is in good shape
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1500
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

WTB: Spectrum SX in great condition Empty Re: WTB: Spectrum SX in great condition

Post by Iceman Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:44 pm

+1 to Mike's comments. That price being asked on ebay might be a touch high, but given the new HSC that is included perhaps not really. The Concord name attached to it really is no more than an odd happenstance and doesn't really add that much value IMHO as the overall build of that particular model is a continuation of the Electra x190 Phoenix that Matsumoku built and SLM designed in earlier years...

http://www.rivercityamps.com/electrapage/comments.php?y=08&m=01&entry=entry080123-113802

Welcome to the forums and good luck in your quest.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Omalikular Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Iceman wrote:Welcome to the forums and good luck in your quest.

Thanks!

I did see that listing on ebay, but with the headstock's chip being glue'd on I wondered if the price was fair. Tbh if I would have got it if it wasn't so offputting. Also a non-original humbucker,
which may or may not be a bad thing.

Is it hard to find a Spectrum SX without a major flaw such as a chip?
Omalikular
Omalikular

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:53 pm

It depends on how patient you are willing to be in the end. Finding any guitar over 20 years of age in pristine condition is already a very uncommon occurrence, let alone the more esoteric badges that Matsumoku built. While it was our dear Uncle's house badge Westones as a rule were still produced in much smaller numbers as compared to the overall output in Japan back in that day.

Luckily for you the Phoenix / Spectrum line was the most prolific model they did build in both variants and numbers so an excellent to near-mint example has a better chance of falling there than most all of the others.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TVill25 Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:17 am

If you're patient it will come your way. The only way to avoid the wait is to buy your way out of it. That being said the choice is yours. From one buckethead fan to another. Goodluck!!!!
TVill25
TVill25

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down