The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Kramer fans here?

2 posters

Go down

Any Kramer fans here? Empty Any Kramer fans here?

Post by halo71 Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:33 pm

I just got another Kramer yesterday. This is a Focus1000 model from 1985. Neck is butta!Any Kramer fans here? Download020909020
halo71
halo71
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Any Kramer fans here? Empty Re: Any Kramer fans here?

Post by corsair Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:41 pm

They've sort of slipped under my radar, really! When I was a busy gigging muso, I never saw or played anything that impressed me enough to trade the Vantage VA900 which was, and is, my main instrument, in! I'm afraid I saw Kramer as just another "kit' type of guitar when they first came out, along with Schecter so didn't really pay them any mind!! Just goes to show how utterly wrong you can be, eh!! Surprised

I'm actively hunting a single h/b Westone/Aria/Vantage at the moment and I have to say that looks the goods, mate - well done!! cheers
corsair

Number of posts : 6333
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by halo71 Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:52 pm

Well I can assure you my friend, the vintage Kramer guitars like this one were/are no kit style guitar. Many of the mid to late 80's models were made by ESP or at least had ESP made necks on them. I've had many different guitars over the years and I always go back to a Kramer. My '87 Pacer Deluxe with the claw neck is without a doubt the finest guitar i've ever played. Many of the Focus models can be had for $200-$400 (USD) the days and they seem to be regaining popularity and collectability. Some of the other Kramer models like the Liberty, Stagemaster, Ripley, ProAxe, Sustainer etc. are a little out of my price range at the moment. But one day I WILL have one! If you ever get the chance to play one you should try it out. I think you'd be surprised. 
halo71
halo71
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:26 pm

No question!! I'm quite liking this one you're showing us - if you find you don't want it 'cos it's too ugly or something, I'll give it a good home!! Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6333
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by halo71 Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:24 am

^ I will be sure and keep you in mind my friend! I am really digging this guitar. Not so much the humbucker though. I have a few choices to try out in it and think a Super Distortion will be the first one up. If that doesnt work I have a DiMarzio DP151 and a Gibon HB-L from the 80's to try out.
halo71
halo71
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down