The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sustain improvement, works.

2 posters

Go down

Sustain improvement, works.   Empty Sustain improvement, works.

Post by The Chad Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Sustain improvement, quite noticeable. Got the idea from online, thought I'd try it.

On my Spectrum FX. Remove and disassemble the bridge. Sanded clean the bottom of the bridge plate where the trem (sustain) block attaches, sanded clean the top of the trem block where it attaches to the bridge plate, sanded the 3 screws that hold the two together, sanded clean the bridge plate grooves (where the the bridge saddle posts rest on the bridge plate), polished clean the bridge saddle grooves that the stings sit into. Assembled it all back together. The only noticeable thing about it are the bridge plate grooves which are now silver instead of black.

Basically created bare metal to bare metal contact (without paint in between) on the bridge parts that transmit the most vibration.

Sustain increased by quite a bit! Very Happy Tone seems slightly brighter as well. And I'm picky with hearing a difference. Certain spots of the neck I'm getting close to 20 seconds of sustain before the note really dies. Amazing really. I'm using .009's.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Sustain improvement, works.   Empty Re: Sustain improvement, works.

Post by colt933 Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm

that's pretty neat - i have to try it
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Read this on the strat forum I think. Supposedly the Eric Johnson sig strat is like this from factory. Other guys did this on their own guitars and it's made a noticeable difference. I don't about strats, but it made a difference on the old FX!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down