The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are these e-basses true Westone ?

2 posters

Go down

westone - Are these e-basses true Westone ? Empty Are these e-basses true Westone ?

Post by tasos Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello, and congratulations for the forum and website as well, many interesting things to read and see !
I am interested in learning to play the bass and looking around for an entry level instrument not too cheap though.

Lately i came across those 2 on ebay:

Sorry for not posting the links since i have not the right to do so. I instead post the item numbers
i) 380376741976
ii) 380376742442

Both basses are named : WESTONE Spencer Tribute. One is blue and the other red. Both have 4 strings.

The seller says these are westone but i searched so much in the internet and managed to find no information on these. Do you know if they are indeed westone or just fakes that use the name ?

Thank you in advance
tasos
tasos

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

westone - Are these e-basses true Westone ? Empty Re: Are these e-basses true Westone ?

Post by westcoaster Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:31 pm

As obi wan kenobi would say:
"these are not the basses you're looking for"
They're listed as new and are likely To be poor quality Chinese imports badged as westones, I think I'm right in saying that a German co owns the westone name now.
So yourself a favour and search for westone matsumoko, there's usually basses out there.
Good luck with your search.

Last edited by westcoaster on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

westone - Are these e-basses true Westone ? Empty Re: Are these e-basses true Westone ?

Post by tasos Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:54 pm

thank you very much for your immediate response. I won't waste time with these!
Have a nice day and week as well !
tasos
tasos

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down