The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westone the guitar slayer

+4
mortarman120gang11c
Barry
corsair
TVill25
8 posters

Go down

Westone the guitar slayer Empty Westone the guitar slayer

Post by TVill25 Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:26 am

I know odd title.

I thought of this while packing up my Ibanez S540ltd.

How many and what brand of guitars have you sold off after getting a Westone(addiction).
Here is my list of slain guitars that have not made the grade.
Gibson LP Menace
Fender Strat HM
Switch Innovo signature
Ibanez S540ltd(owned since 1992)
Washburn A20 bbr(set neck, not the neck thru I still really like)

There are some really nice guitars on that list. Most could not compare to the quality and the craftsmanship and versatility of the Westones. I really like the Spectrum line necks. Also the MMK45's in general are such a good pickup for any style of playing out there. Plus some of those guitars I sold and bought 2-3 more Westones for that money. Even though prices are climbing these are still a great bang for the buck.

But after all was said and done when I reached for a guitar it was not the guitars listed above.
Now I'm gun shy and am very reluctant about getting anything but a Westone Rolling Eyes

TVill25
TVill25

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Westone the guitar slayer Empty Re: Westone the guitar slayer

Post by corsair Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:36 am

I traded a 58 Telecaster and a large wad of cash for my Vantage VA 900..... in 1980!!

I've not had to divest myself of anything to feed my Westone addiction, thankfully; not sure what I would sell, to be honest!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:36 am

I have only one really "big name" guitar, a Gibson, which I'm never gonna sell. However, of the 26 guitars I own, half are Mats made, and inevitably they are usually the first I reach for.

I have other brands which I like a lot (or I wouldn't have bought them) but in the end it's the Westies and Vantages that prevail.

Once in a while I think about selling off some of the herd...but then I lay down and have a nap until that damnable thought goes away!

Westone the guitar slayer 3338096896

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8689
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:24 pm

I have sold off a few over the years to gain more of my favorite Westone and Electra Westone models. I have parted ways with a Peavey T60, a Fender MIM Strat, a few Series 10 by bently guitars and a few other odd models but have gained many more Westone and Electra Westone models and still I find myself trying yo make room for more. Egas is a blast Rock On
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:14 pm

I can understand what you're saying. There is something about the Japanese guitars of the era, especially Mats!

I have guitars that I love less because of a Westone that's better, for sure. I hardly ever play my $2000 SG for this reason! The SG sounds amazing, but just something about the Mats. I think it's the "hidden treasure" thing about them.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DimensionIV-addict Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:15 pm

A Mats H-S-H can emulate any other but no other sounds like a Mats!
In comparisson, a $2,000.00 Gibson or $4,000.00 Jackson still can't sound like $500.00 Mats. Gotta love 'em!
Westone the guitar slayer 138713710
I just own 1 other than my Mats (BC Rich WMD Warbeast), the rest...
no interest - Mats ONLY.
DimensionIV-addict
DimensionIV-addict
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Mats RULE! My guitars are probably 3/4 Mats - the Westies, Electras, Hondo ii Pro, Arias, i know i'm forgetting something. The only ones i like as much are my 77 Ibanez Musician and 87 Fuji Gen Fender. The Japanese sure did craft some amazing guitars in the 70's and 80's, i'm not even interested in the US made guitars from then..............or now. Razz
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefan 4 Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:29 am

My new philosophy is to never sell a guitar again! Lol. In my time playing I got the usual squire strat. - which is the only guitar I don't regret selling, I sold this for a Japanese fender tele which I bought off of a friends dad, being young and foolish I didn't realise what I had! Sold this for not very much money at all and this was a fantastic guitar. I then got an ibanez s series which again was a fantastic instrument but I just couldn't live with the floating trem - this being my only guitar at the time. So I traded this in for a Mexican powerhouse start which I love and still own today. I now wish I could get my hands on the tele and ibanez again Sad and as a result - I won't sell a guitar again, unless I'm desperate for cash!

Moral of the story - take time, consider your purchase, buy and cherish forever Smile
Stefan 4
Stefan 4
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:27 am

I kinda regret selling my Electra X199 but i have another (thats why i sold it plus i was hurting for $) and i wish i had my Gibson The Paul from high school but thats about it. I still have my 1st electric my mom bought me on sale - a 1974 Framus Nashville. Great guitar, needs work!
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down