The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted - Paduak II

+2
TVill25
corsair
6 posters

Go down

Wanted - Paduak II Empty Wanted - Paduak II

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Last edited by WonderCouncil on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Wanted - Paduak II Empty Re: Wanted - Paduak II

Post by corsair Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 am

The odds aren't great that anyone in here's gonna trade out of one of these; they are reasonably uncommon, at least the Paddy II seems to be. I think I've seen about 4 Is and 1 II on eBay since I've been actively searching, which is about 7 years now.

Good luck with the search - there's a Leader on CL atm... Padauk without the Padauk...
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:59 am

Last edited by WonderCouncil on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TVill25 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:52 am

Keep your eyes open and do "for sale" google searches and dig into the search results. Good luck. By all means strike when you see one.
TVill25
TVill25

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by thunduak-1 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 am

Hello folks - especially hello to Polly, as I've not been here for ages!

Thinking of getting rid of my Paddy-1, especially as they seem to be going for good money these days!

It's all original (fingerboard a bit grubby) but good frets etc!

Alas - I have a Rickenbacker 4004 to fund....as well as the missus having a policy of "one guitar in, one out"!! She's probably right No

Guy

hawkwind at blueyonder dot co do uk !!!!!
(classy email address, as a Rickenbacker and Westone fan!)
thunduak-1
thunduak-1
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 am

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:24 am

thunduak-1 wrote:Hello folks - especially hello to Polly, as I've not been here for ages!...
Welcome back thundauak-1.
Sorry to inform you that Polly left the Forum some time ago to pursue other endeavours. We all miss her, but the nut house is now in the capable hands of Corsair, who does in fact like pink guitars, so all is not lost. :queen:

And WonderCouncil, hey, who says miracles don't happen? Razz

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8687
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thunduak-1 Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:29 am

pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thunduak-1
thunduak-1
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Yes, pink!! I am a child of the eighties, pointy guitars and wild colours... my X300 is indeed, pink.
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by thunduak-1 Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:01 am

corsair wrote:Yes, pink!! I am a child of the eighties, pointy guitars and wild colours... my X300 is indeed, pink.

OK - I have a pink shirt, a pink credit card (on the wife's account - she chose pink for hers, so I had to have pink!!) and a blue and pink wallet that I bought on Ebay (it looked blue and yellow in the picture!!!! Honest.........
thunduak-1
thunduak-1
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:13 am

I guess I must have been the only one here in the Netherlands that had a Paduak II. After it had been <LIFESTYLE> stolen </LIFESTYLE>I have been on the lookout ever-since. I'm a child of the eighties as a guitarplayer and lived in a squat at the time. There was a crisis going on. I was poor. The only picture I have of it shows only part of the actual guitar and here I am not playing it but am instead playing the Ibanez bass of the bassplayer. We swapped guitar and bass in the band from time to time. But the guitar was mine! And I was even as foolish as to not even write down the sn number before it got stolen! pale I guess I'll never ever retrieve another but am taking sort of revenge by scoring other Westones. Still miss it! Anyway the picture was stored in a too humid place and has been damaged. In retrospect, a lot of people do not realise how easy and cheap making photographs is nowadays in contrast with the reality back then, and yeah my camera equipment became stolen too + the pictures that were in it... Bastard that stole 'm probably destroyed both. Sweet memories...
Wanted - Paduak II Paduak10
jim
jim

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 am

Oh, forgot to mention the backstrap pin on my Westone Paduak II became loose! The Maple used for the body must have been soft, I used toothpicks to reinstall it!
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by thunduak-1 Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:33 am

jim wrote:Oh, forgot to mention the backstrap pin on my Westone Paduak II became loose! The Maple used for the body must have been soft, I used toothpicks to reinstall it!

Nope - the body was ash, with a padauk top (note the correct spelling of "Padauk" - a nice red timber!)! too soft in my opinion - I damaged the neck pocket on my first Paduak-1, (which is why it converted into a bass!)

Still thinking of selling my current Paduak-1, once I've tidied it up a bit.

Guy
thunduak-1
thunduak-1
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:00 am

Last edited by WonderCouncil on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:37 am

WonderCouncil wrote:Very cool but sad story jim. I've been fortunate in that the only gear I've ever had lifted were effects pedals. Although a few of them held immense sentimental value. I've taken to signing inside the bottom plate on all my pedals now.

I know I had said I was interested in thunduak-1's Padauk 1. But if it's something you'd like jim by all means call dibs on it Smile

Thanks mate, really appreciate your generosity but I´m only interested in a Paduak II! It had a lovely deep red colour on the front. If I had a Paduak one It is likely through it I´dd be still longing for what I was used to, the Paduak II, and by playing the one be reminded of the other disappearing, missing it. They are not and do not sound the same! But hey, nice gesture!

I think Thunduak sold the Bass. I at least remember he had it up on ebay long ago. But yeah pics are always nice eh. Smile

Cheers, jim
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by jim Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:56 am

The one WonderCouncil!
http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t4073-padauk-i-in-really-good-nick
jim
jim

Back to top Go down

Post by electricdruid Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Another option is that you could customise a P1 to make your own P2... I did (before I knew P2s existed Embarassed). Here's a pic if useful. PM me if keen and I'll send details of the UK guy who did it, he'll accept gtrs by post/courier straight from the seller.
[img]Wanted - Paduak II Hpim8458 [/img]
electricdruid
electricdruid
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down