The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phila Rock 'n Blues Fest

Go down

Phila Rock 'n Blues Fest Empty Phila Rock 'n Blues Fest

Post by Mr. Jingles Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Just scored 2 tickets ... wait till you hear this line up. Johnny Winter...Edgar Winter...Rick Derringer...Kim Simmonds...and The Great Fatsby himself LESLIE WEST !!!!!!!! Leslie was supposed to tour last year but had his leg amputated due to a blood clot. I just love Leslie West and Jack Bruce back in the day!!! Johnny Winter is another great blues guirtarist. Kim Simmonds was with Savory Brown when I saw him and is also a great player. Edgar and Rick were together and well they put an a great rock show !!! Looking forward to this concert in August. It's in an old movie theater called the Keswick Theater. (only holds about 4 to 5 hundred peeps). Can't wait !!!!!!!Very Happy Phila Rock 'n Blues Fest 1174271126 Phila Rock 'n Blues Fest 1174271126 Phila Rock 'n Blues Fest 1174271126
Mr. Jingles
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Phila Rock 'n Blues Fest Empty Re: Phila Rock 'n Blues Fest

Post by Mr. Jingles Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:35 am

A great night for music last night !!! Kim Simmonds started out and was good. Next was Leslie West and I was a little let down. Leslie has mellowed (I suppose I would too if I lost my leg) He was still good though !! Mississippi Queen...EH .(by the way I did score an autographed copy of his Unusual suspects cd). Then Rick Derringer got things kickin'. He started out with Still alive and well, did Hang on sloopy, and ended with Rock and roll hoochie-koo. These first three act got a little less than half an hour apiece. Then Edgar Winter came on and was great!!! He did a very long version of Tobacco road and dedicated it to his brother Johnny!! I don't know the name of his guitar player but he was Kickin ass !!! He played Frankenstien and picked up the keyboard for the only time all night. (Played sax alot) Then brought Rick Derringer out for Free ride. Awesome !!! Edgar played for about 45 mins. Then it was Johnny Winters turn. He might look old and frail and hunched over but didn't miss a lick. He played Highway 61, Meantown blues, then He brought out Rick, and Kim, and Edgar and they all did the Stones Gimmie shelter and flipped me out !!! It lasted 10 mins.WOW...IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Did 2 more Stones, Jumpin jack flash and It's all over now. Came out for an encore and did Johnny B Good and something else (Don't know the name) He played for almost an hour and twenty minutes. Fantastic finish !!!! Loved it. GO SEE JOHNNY WINTER IF YOU GET THE CHANCE !!!!
Mr. Jingles
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down