The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UBC pickup

5 posters

Go down

UBC pickup Empty UBC pickup

Post by drsyn67 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:02 am

Looking for a Magnaflux II UBC pickup for a Pantera X300. Just curious if anyone has one and what appendage this is going to cost me (especially considering I haven't convinced the seller to sell!). PM me or reply to this topic... curious if these are elusive as the string locks. Thanks!
drsyn67
drsyn67
Senior Member

Number of posts : 451
Age : 55
Location : Jacksonville, FL
Registration date : 2012-02-08

http://www.markcountscreative.com

Back to top Go down

UBC pickup Empty Re: UBC pickup

Post by Westbone Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 am

drsyn67 wrote:Looking for a Magnaflux II UBC pickup for a Pantera X300. Just curious if anyone has one and what appendage this is going to cost me (especially considering I haven't convinced the seller to sell!). PM me or reply to this topic... curious if these are elusive as the string locks. Thanks!

Just a MMK 45 with a chrome cover on one side of the poles.
There's plenty of good replacements.
Probably cost you an arm and a leg:shock:
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5892
Location : Redbridge
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

UBC pickup Empty Re: UBC pickup

Post by drsyn67 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:10 am

Educate me further: So they are the same as the MMKs? Were there versions of them in X300s without the rail? I haven't been able to inspect the guitar in-person that I am interested in, but in photos, it looks like your typical pole pickup that could be MMKs like my Eletctra Workingman.
drsyn67
drsyn67
Senior Member

Number of posts : 451
Age : 55
Location : Jacksonville, FL
Registration date : 2012-02-08

http://www.markcountscreative.com

Back to top Go down

UBC pickup Empty Re: UBC pickup

Post by Westbone Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:24 am

That's right, a MMK45.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5892
Location : Redbridge
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

UBC pickup Empty Re: UBC pickup

Post by drsyn67 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks, Westbone. Suddenly the appeal of the Panteras is lessened. Now that I do a little more research, I find that my Dynasty has the very pickup, so I know the tone well. But those sexy curves and pink color still tempt me!
drsyn67
drsyn67
Senior Member

Number of posts : 451
Age : 55
Location : Jacksonville, FL
Registration date : 2012-02-08

http://www.markcountscreative.com

Back to top Go down

UBC pickup Empty Re: UBC pickup

Post by TVill25 Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 am

drsyn67 wrote: But those sexy curves and pink color still tempt me!


And how!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
TVill25
TVill25
Senior Member

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

UBC pickup Empty Re: UBC pickup

Post by The Chad Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:02 pm

I say go for the Pantera anyway, it'll sound different to your amazing Dynasty anyway. Brighter. And that Pantera neck is great!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2761
Location : Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

UBC pickup Empty Re: UBC pickup

Post by gittarasaurus Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:55 am

drsyn67 wrote:Educate me further: So they are the same as the MMKs? Were there versions of them in X300s without the rail? I haven't been able to inspect the guitar in-person that I am interested in, but in photos, it looks like your typical pole pickup that could be MMKs like my Eletctra Workingman.

looking at the pics in the catalogs, it seems that the X300 pickup had the rail, and the X275 pickup had pole pieces.

MMK45's come in many flavors it seems, check out this thread
gittarasaurus
gittarasaurus
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1460
Location : San Francisco, CA
Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

UBC pickup Empty Re: UBC pickup

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum