The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINALLY! Tracked one down and it is now installed...

Go down

FINALLY!  Tracked one down and it is now installed... Empty FINALLY! Tracked one down and it is now installed...

Post by Iceman Sat May 26, 2012 11:36 pm

You folks may have caught a glimpse or two in my past posts of my Melody Maker which I picked up as my 2nd or 3rd(?) guitar back over 20 years ago now. A late '61 or '62 burst which I mistakenly thought it was a '63 for years until I had the good fortune to have it looked over by a local luthier who is very knowledgeable on them. Anyway, it had a real POC for a bridge and some sort of Strat-like single coil in it, as well as crappy machineheads that I had replaced with Gotohs right after I bought it. The bridge I just recently replaced with a Wilkinson Compensator which greatly improved its "intonability" but that pup was something I had never gotten worked up over.

Until very recently...

So a couple 10 days or so ago I won a genuine Gibson singlecoil out of a '64 off ebay on an offer and got that puppy in place. It reads just a titch over 7.4k on the meter which is actually abit hot for a period correct pickup (but who am I to complain about an operator error over 45+ years ago, right?)

My wife plugged it in this afternoon and guys... it was nirvana!! What a Face

And as an added plus is those naked poles no longer are sticking out like a sore thumb. I guess some good deeds can go unpunished.
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down