The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guitars sold below MAP

+3
westcoaster
mortarman120gang11c
colt933
7 posters

Go down

New guitars sold below MAP Empty New guitars sold below MAP

Post by colt933 Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:24 am

Any interest in Epiphone, Ibanez, Jackson, Charvel, Squire, Gretsch, Dean, Alvarez, etc?

My new music store has access to all of these brands (and maybe some more) and I can sell them at below MAP. My source is a reconditioner. These guitars are seconds or b-stock. They have some problem and the manufacturer sells them to the reconditioner who fixes the problems and sells them really cheap. I have bought about two dozen from them so far and have had zero problems with them. Most times you cannot see where the repair has been done. They are technically 'used' and do not have a factory warranty (although they have never been sold to an individual), but we offer a 1 year warranty through my store. Most are marked on the back of the headstock 'USED' or 'SECOND'. But believe me, these guitars are great and whatever issue they once had has been fixed completely.

One example is a Epiphone Les Paul '60s tribute with slim taper neck, Gibson USA pickups, and coil-tap tone pots. The only thing wrong with this guitar was that Epiphone ran out of USA pickups for that batch of guitars, so they sold it to the reconditioner with no pickups at all. The reconditioner installed some import Epiphone Alnico pickups just like the ones in regular Epiphone Les Paul guitars. That's it. There is nothing to see. There is nothing wrong with it. Other guitars might have had box rash that was buffed out, or heel cracks on strats and teles that are common and easy to fix.

Check out Virginia's Music Center Facebook Page for an idea of how nice these guitars are.

For example, we recently sold an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra with quilt top, special satin maple slim taper neck, hard shell case, and US pickups. This guitar had a retail price of over $1300, but I sold it for less than half that. But for members here, with a special order where I pick the guitar you want and you approve of it based on pictures, I would let it go for less.

If you have a specific model or color you are looking for, I can hand-pick a guitar for you and sell it for way below minimum advertised price (MAP). I can even call you while I'm at the place and email or text pictures to you of the exact guitar before I get it. A customer told us that he wanted an Epiphone Sheraton. We found a Japanese custom shop Epiphone Sheraton Elitist for him, texted him pics of the guitar and answered his questions over the phone while we had the guitar in our hands. So we hand-picked it to his specifications. It was a $2999 retail guitar and I sold it for way less than 1/2 price.

I can get fabulous acoustics, acoustic/electrics, solid body and hollow body electrics, and basses of all kinds including acoustic.

Let me know if you have any interest and I will make you a smokin' deal on a fabulous guitar.
colt933
colt933

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

New guitars sold below MAP Empty Re: New guitars sold below MAP

Post by mortarman120gang11c Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Good to see a non corporate music store again. Good Luck and hope business continues to grow. Nice guitars and thanks for the offer.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by westcoaster Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Colt933 you are a first class human being, just a pity you arent based in the uk. Good luck with your new venture, hope you do well, you've got lots of fans here I'm sure.
westcoaster
westcoaster

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:55 pm

mortarman120gang11c wrote:Good to see a non corporate music store again. Good Luck and hope business continues to grow. Nice guitars and thanks for the offer.

What he said.
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilVOG Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm in the market for an acoustic bass... partial to the Fender Kingman mostly, but i also like the Ibanez AEB5, and the Applause AE140. I would appreciate if you'd see what you can do. Thanks!
EvilVOG
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:46 pm

EvilVOG wrote:I'm in the market for an acoustic bass... partial to the Fender Kingman mostly, but i also like the Ibanez AEB5, and the Applause AE140. I would appreciate if you'd see what you can do. Thanks!

We have at least one Ibanez AEB5 in stock right now and I saw a bunch of Fender Kingmans when I was at the reconditioner's warehouse last week.

facebook pics
facebook pics
facebook pics

I do not have and cannot easily get cases or gig bags for this Ibanez. However, I can ship it to you in the original carton.

Check your IM. Give me a call and I can go find you a Kingman if that's what you want.

colt933
colt933

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Well that didn't go the way I thought it would. I guess I need to be more specific about what kind of pricing I can offer to members here:

1. On guitars priced at say $899 RETAIL and up, I can usually offer 50-55% savings off RETAIL. The higher the retail price, the more the discount percentage I can offer.
2. On cheaper guitars at say below $899 retail I can probably offer 45-50% savings off RETAIL. The lower the retail price, the less the discount percentage I can offer.
3. I will NEVER be able to sell at 50% off MAP on any of these guitars. That's just not realistic.

On the above-mentioned Fender Kingman bass, Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, etc., sell this guitar for $529 + shipping. Retail is $729. I can offer this model for $379 + shipping - a savings of $150 off the Guitar Center price. This is 48% off retail and 28% off MAP (see #2 above). This is only on a special-order/hand-picked/guaranteed commitment to buy deal. If it hangs on my wall, it'll have to cost a little more.

That's a smokin' deal - only available to members here!

These are examples and every guitar will be priced a little differently.

I am trying to give something back to the community here and also promote my new business at the same time.
colt933
colt933

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilVOG Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Look, I never said I was buying today, I never said that wasn't a good price, and I never said I could get it cheaper.

I was merely asking what you could get it for. I did mention one that was cheaper that I couldn't afford as part of the conversation about why I couldn't afford the good deal you were offering.

Honestly I don't understand why you're so upset. Understand we have no idea what the exact MAP price is to calculate a percentage off of. And before now, there was no mention of it being special order only or commited to buy or anything like that.
EvilVOG
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:20 pm

westcoaster wrote:Colt933 you are a first class human being, just a pity you arent based in the uk. Good luck with your new venture, hope you do well, you've got lots of fans here I'm sure.
Ditto, and calm down guys.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by colt933 Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:26 pm

I apologize and accept responsibility for the miscommunication.
colt933
colt933

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Shall we start again?! Laughing

corsair

Number of posts : 6329

Back to top Go down