The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you hoping to get for Christmas.

+6
mortarman120gang11c
The Chad
corsair
grogg
Westbone
fish
10 posters

Go down

What are you hoping to get for Christmas.  Empty What are you hoping to get for Christmas.

Post by fish Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:29 pm

What are you hoping to get for Christmas.  Santa410

I usually buy myself a little something for Christmas to save disappointment on the day. What will you be treating yourself to, or hoping Farther Christmas will leave for you to open Christmas morning. santa

rendeer Perhaps a MMk 45 for Barry, some Cascamite & green stain for John rendeer

Merry Christmas all. drunken
fish
fish

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-12-16

http://www.fisherrestoration.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

What are you hoping to get for Christmas.  Empty Re: What are you hoping to get for Christmas.

Post by Westbone Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:52 pm

fish wrote: What are you hoping to get for Christmas.  Santa410

I usually buy myself a little something for Christmas to save disappointment on the day.

Very funny Mike..... lol!

Me, a Mcdonalds chicken burger for me crimbo dinner.
Jokes aside, I'm going to take a ride past there to see how full it is on crimbo day....might be suprised. affraid

Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

What are you hoping to get for Christmas.  Empty Re: What are you hoping to get for Christmas.

Post by grogg Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Im hoping for a jumper.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:17 pm

I know you've a plethora of Westies & other axe's but would have thought a nice tobacco burst 250 would have been on your list Damian, the Chicken Burger was a complete surprise santalol!
fish
fish

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:42 pm

sarcaster wrote:

If I get it you'll see what I'm talking bout Ice - there may not be anyone on this forum familiar with this one - but they do have their own little following that are just as desperate to get them as the high end Westones.

sarc seem to have it nailed, can't you do better than a Jumper Grogg Sad rendeer
fish
fish

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:18 am

fish wrote: , some Cascamite & green stain for John

yeah..... That'll do nicely, thanks, Santa!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:13 am

I already got it, a Kahler 2710 for my Peavey Vandenberg1 It's new old stock, traded my Kahler Steeler for it.

Now I'm hoping for the Daniel Boone seasons on DVD. Odd as it sounds, I like those old shows.Laughing Maybe it's my Cherokee Indian blood.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:14 am

fish wrote: can't you do better than a Jumper Grogg Sad rendeer

Was just being realistic as I didnt want my hopes to be dashed, Ok a presty 250, any finish.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:17 am

grogg wrote:
fish wrote: can't you do better than a Jumper Grogg Sad rendeer

Was just being realistic as I didnt want my hopes to be dashed, Ok a presty 250, any finish.

Ah, now that's better!!!

A jumper... ?! scratch It's Christmas brother, shoot high!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:43 am

I am not picky so any Westone or Uncle Matt Bass or guitar is fine with me but gotta have the M60 MG for my Jeep on Santa's wish list lol.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:48 am

Not hanging out for an M-2, then, Arthur??
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 am

Oh yes that would be a list topper for certain as well as an eye catcher but takes uo much more room to look cool. It would be cool to have a TOW missile launcher setup like we had back in the good ole USMC on one of these. These were so versatile I think they had almost anything mounted on them at one time or another.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:16 am

mortarman120gang11c wrote:Oh yes that would be a list topper for certain as well as an eye catcher but takes uo much more room to look cool. It would be cool to have a TOW missile launcher setup like we had back in the good ole USMC on one of these. These were so versatile I think they had almost anything mounted on them at one time or another.

This will be Arthur's house at Christmas if he gets his way.

Arthur's new tow. Er, toy.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:52 pm

MG-42 Arthur. One of the finest of all time, IMHO
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 pm

The white tails won't stand a chance... Laughing
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5917
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 pm

An all original Pantera X790 or Spectrum LX bass would make for a fine Christmas! Smile
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:05 pm

I’d like a lovely bunch of coconuts, there they are all standing in a row......

Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head..... :joker:

Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Have seen the results of both TOW missile hits and M2 50 cal as well as many other weapons on white tails at good ole live fire ranges. The best way to kill, clean , and cook one is with the 25mm chain gun on the Bradley fighting vehicle. All done in 1 shot. We had 15 Bradleys online and live firing one night when a small herd of about 6 or so spooked and ran across the range. Bad idea.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:52 pm

mortarman120gang11c wrote:Have seen the results of both TOW missile hits and M2 50 cal as well as many other weapons on white tails at good ole live fire ranges. The best way to kill, clean , and cook one is with the 25mm chain gun on the Bradley fighting vehicle. All done in 1 shot. We had 15 Bradleys online and live firing one night when a small herd of about 6 or so spooked and ran across the range. Bad idea.

Shocked What a Face cheers

Oh man, that's horrible Arthur!!! Laughing Well, in very interesting and probably REALLY fun at the time kind of a way, that is! Laughing If it was on Youtube I'd watch it!

lol! Well if they had to die, that was a darn quick way to go!!! lol!
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:40 pm

My father trained as a sniper before being pilot trained for WW2, and tells the story of the trainees at the 1000 yard line with SMLEs and Bren guns picking off anything that looked edible that happened to wander across the front of the butts.

not as nasty as a Bushmaster cannon, but close....
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:02 pm

How true. We have taken out several wild boar hogs that were severly overpopulated at the time during live fire night shoots with the SAW(squad automatic weapon) and our trusty M4 rifles with night scopes. Most certainly ate better than the trusty MRE(meal ready to eat) that we had been eating for several weeks.
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 am

corsair wrote:My father trained as a sniper before being pilot trained for WW2, and tells the story of the trainees at the 1000 yard line with SMLEs and Bren guns picking off anything that looked edible that happened to wander across the front of the butts.

not as nasty as a Bushmaster cannon, but close....

Thanks for the story John. I have the utmost respect for WWII Vets. For me it's like finding treasure if I have the honor of speaking with one. One of the coolest men I've ever met was a WWII Royal Air Force pilot ace, he'd sometimes work out at my gym in Dallas Texas. He wouldn't share much, but whenever he would talk I was all ears. One day he felt chatty and shared with me that he'd shot down a large number of enemy planes (i can't remember a number) and they decorated him for it. He said that it was just his duty for home, that he was blessed to have made it out alive. I still try to remember his name. My Uncle's were in Korea and Vietnam, always had the highest regard for Veterans.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:44 am

he has never really spoken to me about being in combat, and the stories he has told are all positive... as far as the south west pacific could be described as positive for a 20 year old. He has the greatest respect for the USMC, as it was those poor buggers who captured the islands that he flew P40s and F4Us from.
What I didn't realise until quite recently, was that the airfields that he flew from were still under intermittent attack by the Jap ground forces right up to the surrender, and it was the job of the Australian infantry to stop the Japs from getting amongst New Zealand's finest!
My uncles were all involved in that one, too - one in Singapore when the Japs arrived and another went through the Western Desert and Italy in tanks...
I did my time in air force helos, never saw any nastiness other than that visited upon us baggies by various NCOs as trainees!!

Vets who actually have been fired on have my deepest respect.
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:05 am

Wow John, your Dad and Uncles really went through it in different theaters. What a generation they were. That's a level that anyone who hasn't seen combat can never understand. For some reason I can't help but look at those men as heroes. Maybe that's because it was the last "great romantic" war as I'd heard it described, not that there's anything romantic about the horrors of war, but it's regarded as the last war with a clear good vs. evil. It's hard to try and wrap our heads around.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Sad
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:15 pm

grogg wrote:Im hoping for a jumper.

grogg wrote: Sad

Well, best made plans of mice & men an all that, the prezy to myself won't be tuning up until after Christmas, its somewhere over the pond right now.

Ah well, looks like it's the jumper for me Christmas morning too grogg What a Face

What are you hoping to get for Christmas.  -110
fish
fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:38 pm

fish wrote:What are you hoping to get for Christmas.  Santa410

grogg wrote:Im hoping for a jumper.

grogg wrote: Sad

Well, best made plans of mice & men an all that, the prezy to myself won't be tuning up until after Christmas, its somewhere over the pond right now.

Ah well, looks like it's the jumper for me Christmas morning too grogg What a Face

What are you hoping to get for Christmas.  -110

New York to London.... the Camera Eye....

Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Hurrah, I wasnt disappointed, in fact I got 2 Christmas jumpers.cheers
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Vimes Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:11 pm

my 10 year old daughter got me some Dunlop lemon oil and Fast Fret Smile)

merry christmas everyone
Sgt. Vimes
Sgt. Vimes
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 3322
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:29 pm

[quote="IcemanNew York to London.... the Camera Eye....

[/quote]
Moving Pictures reference? One of my fav songs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Franco Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:34 pm

I got The Fall's new album, a shirt, leather jacket and cash.
No socks or handkerchiefs though Mad Laughing

Oh, i got myself an old beater Amp as well.
Franco
Franco
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:46 pm

grogg wrote:Hurrah, I wasnt disappointed, in fact I got 2 Christmas jumpers.cheers

Well done grogg, pleased for you. Happy New Year cheers

sarcaster wrote: Moving Pictures reference? One of my fav songs

Good guess sarc I like it too but no, I indulged one of my other passions, should be delivered tomorrow with a bit of luck & a following wind Very Happy dreading custom charges What a Face but hay ho, its only Christmas once a year.

Had a good Christmas, good food, good company, present company included cheers

Healthy & prosperous New Year to everyone, rock on What are you hoping to get for Christmas.  Electr10
fish
fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:52 pm

sarcaster wrote:[quote="IcemanNew York to London.... the Camera Eye....

Moving Pictures reference? One of my fav songs[/quote]

Actually a more direct reference to Fish's prezy to himself. He can explain it further if he wishes.

But that Rush tie-in is a spot on clue, more for Fish to chuckle over than anything else.
Iceman
Iceman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down