The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

+8
Franco
hobster
Barry
Neil Smith
corsair
bowenjaybee
Iceman
The Chad
12 posters

Go down

Merry Christmas Everyone! Empty Merry Christmas Everyone!

Post by The Chad Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:12 am

Merry Christmas Everyone! Have a wonderful time with your family, friends, and loved ones. Celebrate well, remember the reason, and over-eat a little bit. santa

I refuse to say "Happy Holidays" as that is just too politically correct for me to deal with!!! rendeer

Some of us may be off forum due to Christmas weekend crazyness, therefore the early Christmas post. This weekend I'll be singing "Mary Did You Know" for the Christmas Eve service at church, the Wife and I will be watching "The Muppets Christmas Carol" (an annual event), and then having the whole family over to our house Christmas Day with a full blast dinner followed by an imported UK "Christmas Cake" to slice and enjoy. king

What are you guys doing this year for Christmas?
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas Everyone! Empty Re: Merry Christmas Everyone!

Post by Iceman Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:12 am

Christmas Eve is pretty hectic. Singing in the choir at 5:00 p.m. then a 95 minute drive to my mom's for dinner, drinks and watching the nieces & nephews tear into their presents. Back home by 10:3 usually for eggnog and unwinding. My beloved will have only one gift to unwrap this year and has been hunting all about the house for it I'll wager.

Too bad she did not think it would ft inside the case for her Guild, which has been out for the last month or so... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Christmas Day is spent at home with just the two of us. (Great song by my 2nd favorite baritone, BTW). National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story fo' sure will be on the viewing docket.

Happy Christmas to all you nuts!! geek
Iceman
Iceman
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by bowenjaybee Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:15 am

I have 3 kids aged 7, 6 and 3 so I'm really looking forward to a very busy and fun weekend. I always cook the Christmas dinner and usually polish off a bottle of wine during making it. After dinner I have a few beers, games with the wife & kids, Top Of The Pops on the TV (although these days I don't know any of the songs) Then a snooze in the chair and wake up to some cold Turkey, pickles, cheese etc and a few spirits and more beer.... A very traditional British christmas drunken

Merry Christmas santa
bowenjaybee

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:45 am

All the best guys! We'l be having a very quiet day; everything we value has sailed to Aussie and we're down to bare necessities here! Pretty standard NZ Xmas day, though... Kids wake at some ungodly hour to a small sack of crap from Santa, who will have imbibed some Recorderlig pear cider during his visit - and later in the morning, we shall gather around the tree for gift giving.

Lunch shall be roast beef and baked ham rather than the traditional roast lamb, because lamb over here is just too bloody expensive! Plus some bubbles, of course.

We shall probably venture out to one of Jerseys more picturesque spots in the afternoon, just to let the kids run off a little energy... My monsters are 12, 9 and 7 and need some of the sting taken out of them!!

I shall avoid the TV though I fear the distaff side of this deal may well take root in front of the brain tenderiser at some stage during the days play!
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Smith Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Merry Christmas everyone, can't wait or the big day myself. My eldest is getting his first electric guitar, and my youngest is getting a drum kit!
Neil Smith
Neil Smith
Registered Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-04-20

http://www.techclick.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:18 pm

I'll likely be busier leading up to Christmas than on the day itself. The Guitars 'n' Amps shop where I work has been going nuts this week with both sales and repairs and there are three of us working this week to handle it all. Be happy to see the 2:00 O'clock on Saturday closing roll around!

As for dinner we've been invited to my best friend's place for the Christmas meal which will no doubt be a spectacular affair as usual. He and I will probably talk guitars and music while the women folk gossip in the kitchen. My 16 year old is threatening to go to a "party" at an undisclosed location on Christmas...over my deceased form, I informed the Missus. Christmas is for family not teenage rebellion.

Other than that, business as usual, I guess. The only non traditional thing that appears to be certain is that we're having a Green Christmas this year. And I'm not being Politically Correct here, nary a snowflake in sight! Wet and mild...but no shoveling!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Mats night! santa

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Number of posts : 8724
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to my forum buddies. Very Happy rendeer I, my wife, and 2 kids will be having a quiet Christmas as our family is all on the east coast. We are the only west coast transplants so we usually get together with our friends and their families, watch some basketball and football of course (very American) and consume fine alcoholic beverages (very continental). Of course we always do some pickin as well, gotta have live music Very Happy . I'm usually snowboarding by now but there is no snow in the mountains so i've been fishing instead ( the rivers are UNUSUALLY low and great to fish now). Hopefully i can be selfish and get away for a little cutthroat trout fishin! bounce
Hope you guys have a great Christmas or whatever you celebrate and enjoy the holidays to the fullest! santa

Peace,

Eric
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:33 pm

No snow, mate?! My buddy in Colorado is doing the big whinge because they had 5' in 5 hours last night! It's coming, I reckon!
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 pm

corsair wrote:No snow, mate?! My buddy in Colorado is doing the big whinge because they had 5' in 5 hours last night! It's coming, I reckon!

"I'm... dreaming... of a White... Christmas!" rendeer

My area's got a roughly 17% percent chance of a white Christmas, if I believe the stats I've read.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Neil Smith wrote:Merry Christmas everyone, can't wait or the big day myself. My eldest is getting his first electric guitar, and my youngest is getting a drum kit!

Very Merry indeed then, Neil. And what model guit will it be, pray tell??
Iceman
Iceman

Number of posts : 2894
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:04 pm

corsair wrote:No snow, mate?! My buddy in Colorado is doing the big whinge because they had 5' in 5 hours last night! It's coming, I reckon!

Its been a very strange winter in the pacific northwest. So far this December we have recieved less rain than any year on record. The rivers are so low its scary, and we have like 10 inches in the mountains. I hope you are right John, we need rain up here for our entire ecosystem to thrive.
hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Franco Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Merry Christmas all!

I've got a lot of visiting to do, things should calm down after boxing day, then i can totally chill out Very Happy
Franco
Franco
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by grogg Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Merry Christmas all.
grogg
grogg
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Yep, it's another topsy turvy year so far. Suspect
We've seen almost balmy temperatures (relatively speaking), and a lot of rain. A road crew has been working on laying asphalt outside my door today in the sunshine! At the same time my American cousins are experiencing crazy snowfalls in areas which don't normally see that sort of activity.

No doubt it'll all change by next month. tongue

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry

Number of posts : 8724
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fish Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:46 am

Merry Christmas Everyone! -110
Merry Christmas to you all & happy Westie hunting in the New Year, Mike santa
Merry Christmas Everyone! -110
fish
fish

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-12-16

http://www.fisherrestoration.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Westbone Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:16 pm

A Very Merry Christmas to Everyone.
May Santa bring you all you wish and Pay For Laughing
Good health and good luck to all.
Westbone
Westbone
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 5918
Registration date : 2008-12-28

http://www.chruler.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mortarman120gang11c Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Wishing all my great westone friends a Very Merry and Happy Christmas. I will be spending the day with family and jammin out with my sons on the Electras and Westones. Have a blessed and awesome rockin day all. Please take a brief moment during this awesome Christmas Holiday to remember all of the service men and women in harms way on this holiday all over the world. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all Arthur and family
mortarman120gang11c
mortarman120gang11c
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 740
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down