The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!!

3 posters

Go down

Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!! Empty Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!!

Post by Old Gregg Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:01 am

Since buying this bass in the summer, I've actually started to reduce my bass collection (then, 9 basses) to just the bare minimum that I need (3 basses) Neutral .

So, after searching so hard for a really pristine Spectrum GT (and finding it), I'm now sacrificing it on eBay for just a bunch of crumpled tenners Wink .

This of course means that I will no longer be a Westone owner pale and probably won't be welcomed here any more Crying or Very sad , but in a feeble attempt to be well thought of, I will offer a 15% discount to any Westone Forum member who buys this item Smile . Just click on the "Buy it Now" option and send me £149, instead of the £175 asking price Wink . As some of you know, I paid £189 for this (+ carriage) and have subsequently cleaned it, set it up and added new strings, so I think this is a pretty fair offer ....

eBay UK auction link ...

Good luck!

Old Gregg
(Westone Traitor Sad )

Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!! IMG_1499
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/littlesiteofcalm

Back to top Go down

Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!! Empty Re: Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:43 am

Hey Gregg, Smile

What you parting with her for?
scratch

It's a shame really but don't think that we are going to boot you out just because you don't own any Westones any more.
No I'm sure you will get another one sometime in the future - it's in your blood now so you will come back to them! Laughing

Anyway, good luck and don't abandon us!
Wink

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!! Empty Re: Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!!

Post by Old Gregg Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:29 am

It's not that I don't like my Spectrum bass, it's just that I need to become more "portable", as I'm probably moving countries again next year and I can't take much "stuff" with me Crying or Very sad .

Here are just some of the others that I've had to part with this year, just to put it in context ...

Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!! IMG_1220

Now, I only have the blue Precision Bass and the all-black Jazz Bass left from that lot. All of the maple neck basses have been sold.

Anyway, I'll still lurk around the forums and enjoy seeing pictures of everyone else's Westones Very Happy . I like it here Wink .

Old Gregg
(Neither old, nor called Gregg, but hey Laughing !)
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrn Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:49 pm

It's too bad I'm in the US or I would be all over this. I thought the GT would be one of the few you were keeping!

...and why does that Jazz bass have a Sting Ray neck?
Warrn
Warrn

Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 pm

Warrn wrote:It's too bad I'm in the US or I would be all over this. I thought the GT would be one of the few you were keeping!

...and why does that Jazz bass have a Sting Ray neck?

I'm just a Fender fanboy, at heart Wink . That's why the Westone has to go.

Well spotted with the "JazzRay", Warrn. The story there is that I once swapped the neck on my Ernie Ball StingRay for a Status Graphite one, but didn't like the combination very much, so I put it back to standard and later sold the bass. It looked pretty hot though Wink ...

Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!! 139-3932_IMG-1

Then I was stuck with the leftover neck, so I thought about building a "SuperJazz" around it. I used a lightweight alder body and Nordstrand NJ4SE pickups, as well as the chrome harware that I had lying around. The result was a bass that sounded and played far better than it had any right too and so, despite it's odd look, I don't intend to let this one go Smile !

Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!! IMG_0636
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Bummer for you, man!! We're emigrating too, but I'll be buggered if I'll part with any of my instruments!! I've started "loaning' them out to various relatives who play and can look after them; that way I can get 'em back again when I want 'em!! And we're going to North America so I'll hopefully fill the gaps in my very small collection there... Laughing

Good luck, bro - as Polly says, "you'll be back!!" The bug has bit... Twisted Evil
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Gregg Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:02 am

New Zealand to North America Neutral !? That's quite a change, John - I hope it all works out for you.

I'm headed to either England (back home) or Dubai. If it's Dubai, then I will just take whatever I can fit into two suitcases and leave my 3 remaining bass with my parents. It's amazing how fast you can accumulate "stuff", isn't it? I had virtually nothing when I moved to Germany, 6 years ago and now I have a flat full of junk Laughing .

Oh well, you can't take it with you ......
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Old Gregg wrote:New Zealand to North America Neutral !? That's quite a change, John - I hope it all works out for you.

...as a family of five, too; it has it's share of interesting questions!! Oddly enough we looked as the Gulf as well, but I have uncles and cousins who spent time there who are vaguely discouraging about the area - they probably didn't appreciate being shot at!! I figured that the gulf - no pun intended!! - between the Western waqy and the Arab way would be a little too strange for young children so Canada here we come...

As for junk, well, both Lucy and I are magpies, so I'll leave that mental picture to you... Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6329
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Nice 1986 Spectrum GT Bass on eBay UK - Oh wait, it's mine (again)!!! Empty Going, going ... GONE!

Post by Old Gregg Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:06 pm

"Dnn, dnn, dnn ... another one bites the dust". Laughing

Yep, in the words of Elmer Fudd, "Th, th, that's all folks"! No more Westones for me Crying or Very sad , for the forseeable future.

No doubt, when I come back to this forum in a couple of years time, my first post will be entitled; "Why, Oh Why Did I Sell My (now very valuable) Westones?"

Oh well, needs must and all that.

Have a jolly time without me folks, it's been a pleasure chatting with you all. Wink

Old Gregg 👽
Old Gregg
Old Gregg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down