The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!)

+2
corsair
hobster
6 posters

Go down

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Empty Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!)

Post by hobster Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Just acquired a new Electra Westone Dynasty from my buddy at the pawn shop for cheeeep Very Happy . It's a 1984 with a Bendmaster 2 post bridge (no fine tuning knobs like the FT) with 2 saddles missing Crying or Very sad (of course). I realize its not a Westone but i had a couple of Bendmaster Deluxe saddles (from a 1987 1330XA) for spares and was hoping i could trade them for 2 FT saddles (same as the 2 post). I'll even throw in a couple of fine tuning knobs. I know the Bendmaster deluxe saddles vary in height to adjust to the neck radius but i have all six if you need a certain one. I'd love to get this baby playing correctly again! Corsair? anyone?

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Pics039

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Pics034

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Pics032

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Pics031

This is the main reason i bought this guitar - the points are in excellent shape. It stripped down for pics but it has one tone knob missing and the rest is original (pots and all) and she sounds great! Love them MMK's.

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Pics029

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Pics025

Deluxe saddles.
knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Pics044

hobster
hobster

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Empty Re: Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!)

Post by corsair Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:08 pm

We-e-ell; I may be able to help a brother out, as it happens... have a look at these, which I scored last year; do you reckon these might fit?? I've still got 4 of them left; they're not exactly the same but they're pretty damn close!!

http://forum.westoneguitars.net/t1295-bendmaster-ft
corsair

Number of posts : 6319
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Empty Re: Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!)

Post by hobster Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Wow, thanks man you truly are a gentleman. I remember that thread well, i was able to get my x199 playing thanks to you. You mailed me one of those a while ago. I kinda feel bad taking 2 more, but at least i can give you something in return this time. I figured they were probably gone already. They aren't exactly the same, but it worked perfect for me! Very Happy
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:42 am

Well you know what I'm about to say... Nice Dynasty! Cool Just look at those corners, they're all there! This one's been very gently used, original case and all. Great score, Hobster. Let us know what you think when you get her reassembled and playing it.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:51 am

hobster wrote:Wow, thanks man you truly are a gentleman...
Yes he is. Always helping us out at both Westone and Matsumoku forums.
Good on ya Johnny!

MUSIC/PIX/VIDEOS: https://getback.barryeames.com (including Spectrum ST)
Barry
Barry
Hero, Legend, and all round good guy

Number of posts : 8685
Registration date : 2009-05-01

https://legend.barryeames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:09 pm

The Chad wrote:Well you know what I'm about to say... Nice Dynasty! Cool Just look at those corners, they're all there! This one's been very gently used, original case and all. Great score, Hobster. Let us know what you think when you get her reassembled and playing it.

Thanks Chad, i had a feeling you might say something. Very Happy Yeah, pretty rare the corners are in such good condition. It was at a pawn shop just hanging on the wall for at least 2 years till my buddy started working there and told me about it. The previous owner used a coat hanger across the bridge to make up for the lost saddles. Razz It looked funny as hell but actually worked. I wish i had a picture, it had grooves in it from the strings like a worn fret.
Corsair has once again saved one of my guitars. 3 cheers for the man on the little island!! I will share pics when the Dynasty is up and running.
p.s. dont forget the Electra forum also Chad. Very Happy I just joined and will probably post soon about this baby and my old Outlaw project. To me though, this is the best forum by far!
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Hobster my friend, I must agree. This forum is the bee's knees. I kinda feel at home here. Well, "at home" in that weird cyber-space kind of way anyhow. There should be a way for us to donate to this forum. I would do it, and I'm sure others would also. The info and fellowship is worth it. Very Happy And then maybe we could afford some new Emoticons. Those are fun.

So that thing sat for 2 years in a pawn shop?! I can't believe those points are preserved, you'd have thought they'd have gotten knocked around in the pawn shop at least. Well I guess she was hanging there all pretty just waiting on you, huh?

And that's a trip about the coat hanger! String grooves and all?! lol! cheers That would have made a great screensaver or something. The Electra forum will like to see your Dynasty. That forum has some good guys on it, you'll even see a few of us on there.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 pm

Just got the saddles thanks to good 'ol Corsair. You've brought another one back to life, thanks my friend. Its great to be playing a guitar that was just sitting for years and being unappreciated. Still workin on the setup but it plays and sounds incredible. Very Happy I'm so glad i got my hands on this baby, reminds me of the teenage years in the 80's when i was a total metalhead. These were built so sophistocated for a metal axe! Great tones. Now i just need a knob, they are so easy to find! Razz Posted on the Electra forum too, thanks Chad, those dudes are cool!

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) 018-1

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) 014-1

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) 016-1

Here are the 2 saddles i got from Corsair. The 2 on the left ( E and A strings).

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) 013-2

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) 003

And the best part yet, i found the coat hanger bridge while cleaning my room. Awesome, check out the grooves, someone was rockin it! Razz cheers

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) 017-1
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:37 pm

YES!!! It's the coat hanger!!! cheers lol!

Glad ya found it, I'd actually been thinking about that thing on and off since you'd mentioned it, too funny! Laughing

Good ol' "American Ingenuity" at its finest right there, boys!

Now about your guitar, that's in good nic! Looks like the sister of mine. What's your serial number?
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Serial number is 4051126. 1984 ,ahhhhhhhhh a fine year. Eddie Van was tearing it up and i was 15 and just learning to play Iron Man. Razz
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Mine is 4051823. Pretty similar, although I don't exactly know what it means! I'd heard that the 4 is the year, the 05 is the month, the 1823 is the production number from that month. Someone on here may be able to solidly verify that. I'd like to see documentation of the numbering system, though. So if that's true, then both of ours were made in the same month. I wonder if all other 84 Dynasty's start with 405? I think your's is the third "Electra/Westone" Dynasty's I'd seen that starts with a 405... confused
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:13 pm

I think you're dead on with the serial number, as far as i know anyway. I know they were made for only 2 years -1983 & 84, so maybe they made alot in May of 84.
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by drsyn67 Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:46 pm

The Chad wrote:Mine is 4051823. Pretty similar, although I don't exactly know what it means! I'd heard that the 4 is the year, the 05 is the month, the 1823 is the production number from that month. Someone on here may be able to solidly verify that. I'd like to see documentation of the numbering system, though. So if that's true, then both of ours were made in the same month. I wonder if all other 84 Dynasty's start with 405? I think your's is the third "Electra/Westone" Dynasty's I'd seen that starts with a 405... confused

Hey - I know this is an old thread, but my Dynasty is a 4050957. Us Dynasty nuts just love talking about our pointy ones, eh?
drsyn67
drsyn67

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2012-02-08

http://www.markcountscreative.com

Back to top Go down

knobs - Trade Bendmaster Deluxe saddle for 2 post (my new Dynasty!) Empty knobs

Post by TVill25 Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:56 am

hobster wrote: Now i just need a knob, they are so easy to find! Razz

I still have some.
TVill25
TVill25

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by hobster Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:47 pm

TVill25 wrote:
hobster wrote: Now i just need a knob, they are so easy to find! Razz

I still have some.

Wow, this is an old thread! That baby is still going strong (thanks John!). Love those pointies. Thanks for the offer on the knob (doesn't that mean something different to the English Razz ) TVill but i actually ordered some from you a while ago and have a couple left.
hobster
hobster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down