The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raider II and Dynasty - anyone own or have played one? How are they?

2 posters

Go down

raider - Raider II and Dynasty - anyone own or have played one?  How are they? Empty Raider II and Dynasty - anyone own or have played one? How are they?

Post by The Chad Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:11 am

I really like the syles of these two guitars. I know that the Dynasty with the H-S-H combo has great sound, but I've heard that the Raider II sounds pretty cheap. Can anyone chime in on their experiences with these guitars? I saw a really sweet looking Raider II on Ebay, but couldnt bring myself to buy it without hearing from actual owners. I could always change pickups, but that doesn't always make a cheap guitar sound good (not saying that Raider II's are "cheap", that's just what I'd heard)!

So, what do you think about these instruments? I'm wanting to know about tone and sound charactersitics, as well as the feel and action of these guitars...
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Number of posts : 2772
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

raider - Raider II and Dynasty - anyone own or have played one?  How are they? Empty Re: Raider II and Dynasty - anyone own or have played one? How are they?

Post by corsair Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:19 am

Yep; the H-S-H set up is an absolute belter, and all of the Westones/Electras with that are good 'uns... I don't know if anyone in here has a Raider; I lust after a blue/yellow Raider I; other than that, I can't help!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

raider - Raider II and Dynasty - anyone own or have played one?  How are they? Empty Re: Raider II and Dynasty - anyone own or have played one? How are they?

Post by The Chad Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 am

corsair wrote:I lust after a blue/yellow Raider I; other than that, I can't help!!

They are glam to the hilt, aren't they!!! If i had one of those blue/yellow sparkly Raiders, I'd use it only in conjunction with a huge 80's wig and spandex.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:35 pm

ive never played one but there is one on ebay at the moment:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=westone&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I like the case - has the logo and the model name
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:03 pm

I saw that too, I'm watching it.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm

That's quite reasonably priced... in fact I reckon that's cheap as for BIN... get it, someone!!! What a pearler!!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Chad Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 pm

If I can get a feel for how they sound, I'll buy that thing. So pretty.
The Chad
The Chad
Financial supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down