The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

played my westone and its great!!!

3 posters

Go down

played my westone and its great!!! Empty played my westone and its great!!!

Post by sticky Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:20 pm

hi everyone,
mark here

ive been in the uk for the past two weeks, where my westone thunder 1 was, and its great much better than any les paul ive played (in my opinion anyway). anyone who has one should try it through a marshall AS50D acoustic amp,(they are a perfect match) thats what i played it through in england with my dad singing (it has a mic input too) when we played at the local beer festival.

i found a hard case for it (hiscox strat/tele case) it wouldnt fit in a les paul case.

a question: was the brass (knobs and bridge) originally laqured or might this have been done by my guitars previous owner?

thanks

bye.
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://uk.youtube.com/user/marksticky1

Back to top Go down

played my westone and its great!!! Empty Re: played my westone and its great!!!

Post by corsair Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:11 pm

Nope, brass was OEM; glad you like it, man - you're preaching to the choir!! Laughing
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by logicaljohn Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 am

so you've been in the UK? Well, I've been in Greece/Bulgaria, where none of my guitars are... sob... so last night was the first time I played in three weeks !!!!! ! My lord we enjoyed ourselves, me and my musical chums..

Anyhow needles to say my Thunder 1a restoration project has ground to a halt. I have a body, a neck, and a box containing the rest of it !! My proper solder has arrived from ebay though... BBusy busy, I will be trying to fit in working on it soon so further updates to come in the next few weeks hopefully.....

Where was it that you played at then Sticky ?

Regards to any who may have thought I'd dropped off the face of the internet,.

Smile
logicaljohn
logicaljohn
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://www.myspace.com/cosmiclobster

Back to top Go down

Post by sticky Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:39 am

Hi all

for those who want to know i played with my dad in a pub called 'the new inn' (i think) its in a village called roborough in devon where my granny and grandad live. i also played in ilfracombe with my half brother on keyboards and dad on vocals.

bye for now

mark
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Hello Mark, Smile

Good to hear that you had a nice holiday and it sounds like you come from a very musical family! You are a very fortunate young man!
Very Happy
I'm also very pleased to know that your guitar has lived up to all your expectations, and then some!

Keep up the good work there young 'un!
cheers
Just a thought: I hope that you stayed on the lemonade when you were in the pub! Laughing Go to bed now please! lol!

Welcome back John, oh logical one!
Very Happy

I don't know, it's alright for some. It must be nice to be able to jet off to all those exotic locations! Rolling Eyes I've just got back from the airport but I was only picking my son up who had just flown in from New York after being away at sea for the past four months! Lucky bugger! Very Happy

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by logicaljohn Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:47 am

Hi Mark,

I don't know Roborough or whatever it is but I was at a gig at The Marlborough in Ilfracombe about a month ago. Good venue!

Hi Polly

It is nice, we've made it our business to travel as much as poss since most of the kids are old enough to be (semi) independent now. However we returned from two weeks, on Monday No. 2 stepson returned from a 3 month jaunt to Canada. Nearly didn't recognise him ! He was there working though.

Sanding and staining last night, may be polishing this weekend,, then the hard bit (for me) ie all the electronic and other putting back together ....

John
logicaljohn
logicaljohn
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-06-30

http://www.myspace.com/cosmiclobster

Back to top Go down

Post by sticky Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:10 am

hi

polly: it was a beer festival but i only had shandies although my dad did get me a jack daniels and coke (i didnt drink it, i am quite sensible). and my sister (a DJ) in ilfracombe did put vodka in my fizzy water and gave me a shot of sambuca which i did drink... yuck... lol!

john: i know the malborough but have never been there (i have heard they have some good bands on there). you might know where the pub i played in is? its called the pier tavern on the pier (as the name suggests)

bye for now,

mark.
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 am

sticky wrote:hi

polly: it was a beer festival but i only had shandies although my dad did get me a jack daniels and coke (i didnt drink it, i am quite sensible). and my sister (a DJ) in ilfracombe did put vodka in my fizzy water and gave me a shot of sambuca which i did drink... yuck... lol!

Good lad Mark, I'm pleased that you are being sensible! Very Happy drunken

logicaljohn wrote:Hi Polly

It is nice, we've made it our business to travel as
much as poss since most of the kids are old enough to be (semi)
independent now. However we returned from two weeks, on Monday No. 2
stepson returned from a 3 month jaunt to Canada. Nearly didn't
recognise him ! He was there working though.

Sanding and staining last night, may be polishing this weekend,, then the hard bit
(for me) ie all the electronic and other putting back together ....

John,

I hardly recognised my son either when he got back - he's in the Merchant Navy and had gone for the 'Crusoe' look while he'd been away! afro lol!

Keep up the good work there mate and get some photos up when it's done!
Very Happy

Pauline
:flower: :queen:

Last edited by Pollyanna on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Line spacing out.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down