The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Newbie Question

3 posters

Go down

Quick Newbie Question Empty Quick Newbie Question

Post by VikingFirebeard Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:14 am

How can I tell if I have the Dana II or III? The 1990 catalog states they're almost identical and depending on which I own is how I plan on fixing it back up, mainly due to body wood if that information is even accurate. :?:

Quick Newbie Question Westone
Quick Newbie Question Westone

Last edited by VikingFirebeard on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
VikingFirebeard
VikingFirebeard
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://samzasylum.freehostia.com

Back to top Go down

Quick Newbie Question Empty Re: Quick Newbie Question

Post by corsair Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:50 am

Hi there, fella - as far as I can see the difference is the trem; the II (Deluxe)has the Kahler and the III (Ltd)has the Floyd. Have a look in here....

Cool looking guitar BTW..... we don't see a lot of these Koreans in here and could do with hearing about and seeing some more, so come on... show us what you've got and tell us a bit about it!!
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by VikingFirebeard Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:11 am

I've seen that page which lead me to believe mine was the Dana III but the catalog conflicts what that page says a bit. It says at the very top right that the II has a "Kahler Spyder, Floyd Rose" which would lead me to believe it came with either. This is the only Westone I own but to branch out from it (fairly closely) I own an Alvarez Dana and my prized guitar is my Washburn A-20 (also in need of major repair!) you just can't beat a Matsumoku guitar! I really want a Padauk I and a Raider I but I'd have to mod them, I'm just too much of a tinkerer. Laughing
VikingFirebeard
VikingFirebeard
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Hello VikingFirebeard and welcome! Smile

VikingFirebeard wrote: I really want a Padauk I and a Raider I but I'd have to mod them, I'm just too much of a tinkerer. Laughing

Nooooo!!!! No No No No No No No No No No No No You can't mod a Paduak! No No No No No No No No No No

Pauline
:flower: :queen:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Quick Newbie Question Empty jeez..

Post by catonine Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:26 pm

yuppers.. i have 25 guitars and 24 of them are stock.. i wont even look at adding a modded one.. i do admit that some are pretty cool.. but i couldnt think of anything to add to any of my westones for sure.. again, i have a museum for oddball guitars so i try to keep them as stock as possible.. one example is a cort flying v i have with super live pick-ups.. cream variety HH.. the first thing everyone says is i should change the pick-ups.. or paint it.. lol.. its an off white with cream binding.. i am figuring the pick-ups couldnt get any better if i tried and the old off white color is cool to me.. it looks older than it is.. and it is really old.. one of these days i may have to hook up an ohmeter the the pickups.. the are screamers.. and all of my guitars have some ding or chip but i refuse to repaint or sometimes even touch them up.. i figure i will just put another dinger in it sooner or later and then feel bad.. now if i drop a brick on one it isnt any big deal cuz it already had a ding on it anyways.. the only one i have played with is a gibson/baldwin epoch les paul looking thing.. i added a different truss rod cover, knobs and added a cream pickguard.. and was thinking about getting some of those cool old epiphone, chrome covered, embossed, flying "e" pick-ups to add to it too.. but it wasnt worth much to me anyways.. and it needed something done to it.. but anyways.. it's the fun that counts when you got guitars.. and i am all about happiness.. happy modding !!!
catonine
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-07-06

http://www.myspace.com/rustyknales

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Pollyanna wrote:Hello VikingFirebeard and welcome! Smile

VikingFirebeard wrote: I really want a Padauk I and a Raider I but I'd have to mod them, I'm just too much of a tinkerer. Laughing

Nooooo!!!! No No No No No No No No No No No No You can't mod a Paduak! No No No No No No No No No No

Pauline
:flower: :queen:

..best thing that could happen to one!!! (snigger snigger...)
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by VikingFirebeard Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:04 pm

I don't mean hack off or even route any of the body, mainly electronics. The Padauk and Raider are close enough to an explorer to be on my "crave" list. And since the first ones only have a single humbucker it'll be easier to swap out. I've seen what an untrained person can do to a perfectly good guitar, which might make a good thread in Non-Westone about the horrors that are my Washburn. No
VikingFirebeard
VikingFirebeard
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:23 pm

Ooh - sounds ominous; show us!! Shocked ...and swapping out p'ups is no biggie, either; we all do it!! Just keep the OEM ones for putting it back to stock later on!!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Quick Newbie Question Empty spares

Post by catonine Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:22 pm

yeah.. keep the spare parts.. or.. send them to me.. i pay postage.. lol
catonine
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-07-06

http://www.myspace.com/rustyknales

Back to top Go down

Post by VikingFirebeard Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:58 pm

Never had the original electronics for this one sadly but I wish I did have the DSR enhancer. I buy guitars because I like them rather than worry about them being all original. Very Happy

And image link fixed! I can post more if needed.
VikingFirebeard
VikingFirebeard
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down