The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bendmaster ft string ball holder..

3 posters

Go down

bendmaster ft string ball holder.. Empty bendmaster ft string ball holder..

Post by catonine Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:07 pm

i am in need of one of those string ball holders that go in the bendmaster ft.. .. little claw shaped thing.. if any one has a spare i need it.. feel free to contact me on here.. i check in fairly regular.. i have a 1984 dimension IV that has one broken.. i thought about hack sawing the groove a little deeper to hold the string in.. right now i have it on the outside of the one prong that remains on it.. it works, but an unbroken one would rock..
catonine
Westone Nut

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-07-06

http://www.myspace.com/rustyknales

Back to top Go down

bendmaster ft string ball holder.. Empty Re: bendmaster ft string ball holder..

Post by Steve777 Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:09 am

Hi

There is a FT bendmaster in pieces on Ebay USA at present - $6.50 with 2 days to go. Hope that helps. I've got a Dimension IV aswell. Great guitars, very solid, and good tonal variations.

If you buy it, I could do with one of the fine tuning screws. Previous owner bent one forcing the trem arm around.

All the best

Steve
Steve777
Steve777

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:50 pm

Spares will make the fine tuners to order for about £4 a piece....
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

bendmaster ft string ball holder.. Empty ebay trem

Post by catonine Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:27 pm

yeah.. i saw that one on ebay.. bad thing is, this close to christmas, i would feel selfish buying it for myself.. it is sure to rise in price also.. anyways.. if someone else buys it please keep me in mind for the string ball holder thing.. there are two in the picture, i just need one.. i will gladly pay any one for it after the holidays.. the spares store is a good place for the fine tuners.. i have bought some stuff there.. cost alot to get it shipped to kansas USA but is great quality stuff.. i got a backing plate for the lock downs and some of the triangular and rectagular blocks and bolts there too.. fit like it was made for it.. lol.. he accepted paypal and i didnt get ripped off.. and the shipping time was remarkably quick.. i had left pieces of my lockdowns all over the southern usa and it was sweet to restore my baby.. i never use the trem anyways so i never missed the parts til i retired and set up my museum and was forced to look at it, minus the parts i had lost.. it looks better complete of course.. and i dont have to explain how i lost them.. lol.. if you are in a pinch for the fine tuner, i think any M4 thread bolt will work.. test it gently before ya strip it though !!!
catonine
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:04 am

Yep, indeed - any 4mm bolt will do but it looks better with the thumbwheels, eh.... and it's easier to use them!! I bought a complete Deluxe bridge here privately for NZ$30 - about £10 or US$19 - and thought I was really lucky!! I found Spares lag time to NZ admirably short - I mean I ordered and paid for the (very high quality!!) bits and a week later, there they were in the mailbox, and I might add, I live in a very secluded rural spot, so well done to everyone!!
Doesn't he do good work!!! IMHO the baseplates are better than the OEM as they have steel inserts rather than light alloy and hence are less prone to stripping!
As for the FT string holder thingy, I say get it - they don't come up that often!! Very Happy
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by catonine Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:45 pm

wow.. i thought there would be a bunch of spares around for those string ball holders.. figured everyoen had changed out to a FR or something.. all i need is one.. whine whine.. lol
catonine
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by corsair Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:43 pm

how hard would it be to get some made by an engineer? Take a pic of the bit and post it here; I've never seen one!
corsair

Back to top Go down

Post by catonine Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:35 pm

well right now it is operational.. its on my 84 dimension iv.. the bendmaster ft tremolo has little forked string ball holders that you hook the little ball on the end of the string to.. top loader.. looks like a curved snake tongue.. lol.. i have no idea how to get it out of there..there was a ft trem for sale on ebay a month ago that had two of them laying out seperate.. unfortunately, as it was before christmas, i was unable to buy it.. and i didnt save the pic.. soooo..
catonine
Westone Nut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down