The · W e s t o n e · Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trem post problem

2 posters

Go down

Trem post problem Empty Trem post problem

Post by FarToMany Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:50 am

I have a Bendmaster deluxe on my '87 spectrum, the post inserts in the wood seem to be want to be pulled in towards the neck. When i got this, i disassembled the guitar for cleaning and shimmed some wood in there to make the inserts tight and strait again. Now less than a year later, its moving again. Any thoughts on a more permanent fix? It doesnt affect playability (other than having to reset intonation), but its annoying and im worried about any future damage.
FarToMany
Registered Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Trem post problem Empty Re: Trem post problem

Post by corsair Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:03 pm

G'day bro - good to see ya! I think what you're in for is taking the posts and the insert out, filling the hole with new wood and/or filler and redrilling the holes - nothing too onerous but you'll need to be really careful and precise with the redrilling! Take measurements from 3 known points on the top like the centre of the control knob spindles and triangulate the position of each one, and then be sure to drill the hole a little smaller than the steel insert that the post sits in - see; easy peasy!! Very Happy
corsair

Number of posts : 6321
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down